Remaining Seekers in Classics Line: Thrust, etc.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by unpunk, Mar 22, 2007.

1. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

Is anyone else holding their breath that these 3 (Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge) will eventually see a mass release, or should I just buy a few extra seekers and start kitbashing/repainting or saving up for the potential Botcon hit? I know this is a tired topic and I know it's been beaten into the ground, but I really want these guys and I'm sure most of you do too. (I haven't even attempted to use an airbrush gun before and I'm sure it's not an easy task.) Anyway, the TF classics page (run by TFW2005) mentions that all of the original seekers will be released. I know these guys know people at Hasbro and I guess they could have just meant "the seekers" in a more general sense, but I thought it was kind of an odd phrasing... Anyway, I just want to know what people are doing in regards to these characters, saving, waiting, or repainting. ok-boB

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you don't need an airbrush. spraycan, hammer, punch, screwdriver, tiny paintbrush, paint and clearcoat. brush the small aps, spray the large spots. and no, I'm not holding my breath.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

It would be nice to have all that you mentioned in the line. With the sucess of the line you never know.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I am holding my breath for the remaining Seekers regardless of how many people claim that the line is offically done. Hasbro often does some stupid things, but they're not so stupid not to realize that people will gladly pay money for 3 more jets, even if they are just repaints and/or slight mold tweaks.

I personally don't believe for a second that they went into making the molds for Starscream/Skywarp and Ramjet without a plan to release Thundercracker, Dirge & Thrust as well. It's just a matter of when & where.

I may be wrong, but until I read an official statement from Hasbro saying otherwise, I absolutely believe we'll still see them.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where is this at? I missed this. I have looked over the page but I can't find it......

6. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

I kinda hope they don't as I am already in debt from buying Jetfire, Magnus/Skywarp and Cybertron Metroplex...then its gonna get worse when I look for Devastator and anything else I find...

7. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't hope for something that would disappoint others just because you wouldn't be able to get them. You could always get them later on through the trade/sell forum here or ebay.

I do hope that the other seekers get a mass release by Hasbro.

8. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    might be a Thundercracker Botcon exclusive.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think it'd be nice, but it's not likely. if they do, they're most likely to do Thundercracker, as he would just be a repaint. what i'd really like to see in the classics line is Blitzwing. and Soundwave. not the Reissue, but a new hommage version.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I HAD been holding my breath, both for that and the supposed "classics" themed exclusives at botcon. then I did the math and said f-it, I've got the time and the paint, I'll make my own.

11. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

I apologize if I came off rude sounding...believe me I want them all to come out, I also want classics of all the dinobots and tons of other stuff...what I meant by I hope they dont is I hope I dont see them cause then I'm gonna be signing away my life to buy every toy they make lol

12. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I have to hold my breath. I can't kitbash worth slag. I so want Thundercracker, if he ends up being a BotCon exclusive I'm gonna cry, because I'm not going to be able to make it to BotCon this year.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think sunstorm has a much higher chance of being one of the botcon repaints rather than thundercracker and the remaining 2 cone heads. Look at past Botcon exclusives, when have they everbeen figures begged for that were main characters? Sure you can say armada megatron but his repaint for botcon was not in the colors most knew him by. Look at Sentinel Prime, a figure based on a character briefly seen in the comic. Point is, we are more likely to see supporting characters rather than main ones.

So I am holding my breath.

14. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I think it's quite likely that we'll see a proper release for either Thrust or (more likely) Dirge. Why would Hasbro spend the money to retool Starscream into Ramjet - even apparently designing Starscream to facilitate retooling into a conehead - if they weren't planning to make further use of the retooling for Thrust and/or Dirge? Thundercracker or Sunstorm would be cheaper to produce since, like Skywarp, they are merely repaints of Starscream. But instead we got Ramjet.

I don't know about you guys, but that gives me hope for an eventual release for Dirge or Thrust. (Hopefully both!)

15. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I think Hasbro is holding off on releasing any information on a possible release of the last 3 seekers as they know how many of the first 3 they can sell to disgruntled fans that can't wait and would rather kitbash themselves.

It's a sound plan, really. Boosts sales of the original figures, and then, just when we think it's over, they release the last three and disgruntled fans spend more money and buy the domestic release of the figures (well, the completionists do, anyway).

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    At this point I don't care how they're released as long as they ARE released! If they're destined to be Botcon exclusives, so be it, I just want them....NOW!!

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you realize you don't have to attend to get the toys right?

18. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Fixed

19. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

From the source page

" ...Favorites such as Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Hot Rod (here, just Rodimus), Megatron, Starscream, and Astrotrain are present. Later on, we will see Jetfire, the original Soundwave toy, all the Generation 1 Jets, and more..." <br>
    <br>
    This is in the main paragraph on the website www.transformersclassics.com. I was paraphrasing (in my original post) what I had read, so it doesn't actually use the word seeker but you get the idea. It does say "all the Generation 1 Jets" which leads me to believe that the other 3 are in the works, somehow, someway. I have to agree with the people who say that it would be foolish for Hasbro not to do a mass release. Thundercracker is easy enough, Dirge could really be a straight up Ramjet repaint and I don't think too many people would complain, Thrust might need a little bit of work for the wings. To pull 6 figures out of a single body mold with some slight work/retooling really is a stretch, but look how well it worked for the original 84-85 seekers. Granted this isn't 84-85 and the only people who really give a shit about these characters are a select few(without some sort of cartoon to draw out the personalities for the kiddies, you know.). I think that if one of them were a botcon exclusive and the other 2 were released as a store exlcusive, I'd be fine with that. I'd just like the line to continue actually, more season 1+2 characters, Insecticons, Blitzwing, Prowl, Jazz, BRAWN, etc. I'm hoping the design aesthetic of TF:Heroes is similar to the classics line and maybe uses some classic G1 characters. For me personally, that would rule. Oh yeah, that Cosmos design is sick & it should have come out in wave 2. :)  word-boB

20. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thundercracker is a easy, straight up repaint and Hasbro said we WOULD get him, wether it be at mass retail release or an exclusive, they did not say.

I agree that the attempt to go into the effort of retooling the jet mold into Ramjet leads me to believe that did that with the full intention of a Thrust and Dirge being 'easily made' should the opportunity present itself. But I do have an issue to raise.

It's unlikey that we will see both a Thundercracker AND Dirge release, I say this because colour-wise, they are very similar. Both are darkish blue jet planes, yes the wings are different, and Dirge has brown on him, but I would bet Hasbro would be hesitant about releasing two jets that are the same mold and same colour. If anything, we may get Thundercracker as a store-exclusive and Dirge as a convention exclusive, but I doubt that we'll see both on the store shelves together, or anytime soon. Thrust would require more retooling wheras Dirge could be acceptable as a repaint of Ramjet.