Remaining Seekers (Generations)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

Ok, which Seekers do people think we'll get from Generations before the line goes on hold for Movie 3?
    my guesses
    -Thundercracker (more cartoon accurate colors, would get to use more heavily than the Botcon version)
    -Dirge (probably using the Henkei wing molds, more US accurate colors)
    -Sunstorm (on the list of possible Seekers)
    -Remaining 2 Rainmakers (to complete the squad)
    -Generic Seeker (MTMTE background characters, odds slim to zero)
    -Skywarp (reissue, maybe altered deco)
    -Ultimated Doom Seekers
    -FFOD Seeker color variants (seen in background, includin Conehead type)

maybe by then the Seeker mold will be retired (though at least go as far as the Rainmakers, but after the remaining 2 Botconers and Starscream's clone)

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uhhh.... I doubt most of those will see release considering Hasbro is reluctant to make too many seekers as it is. We'll be lucky to see Dirge and TC, but all I really care about is Sunstorm as I have the Botcon ones.

3. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

Personally i don't think we'll see the other 2 rainmakers as Hasbro releases. they're a bit too obscure to push out the whole set since they randomly featured in one episode of a 25 year old cartoon. (disclaimer: clearly i can't speak for everyone, i'm sure all of you lot consider the rainmakers to be fundamental lynchpins of TF canon)

If we're really lucky we'll get a full set of mass-release coneheads, but there is already lots of fresher stuff out there for hasbro to do in the generations line, with designs from WFC, IDW, and if hell freezes over for some reason the remaining TFA.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Same. I mean I know those who want the Botcon seekers are still upset, but this list includes a Skywarp reissue, really?

Sunstorm is the only one on the list who actually has an existing personality and hasn't been released in another form. Granted, they could make up personalities for any of the other colors like they did for Acid Storm, and I'd buy them. But I'd prefer they just release what we're expecting and then be done with the mold.

I might make an exception for a Slipstream homage though. Sure she's Animated, but like Sunstorm, she has a personality.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Dirge maybe.

6. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

i want them to release them all lol but Dirge makes the most sense with Thrust.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

There's a possibility that we'll get Dirge/Thundercracker to complete the cast of established seekers. The Rainmakers and Sunstorm could see the light of day as exclusives.

8. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not? They made Acid Storm.

The only thing I know is that Hasbro is so randomly f*cked up in the head that it can happen sooner or later. I won't be surprised if they come up with another totally random paintjob and call it 'Stormscream' or something.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    At least a Thundercracker. Maybe an MP Style Skywarp like they did with the Universe Starscream that way they all match.

10. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    IMO Thundercracker and Dirge both deserve to be released in the generations line-up, no questions asked. Sunstorm is long over do as well. After that I'd like to see those reverse Skywarp colored Air Warriors seekers released.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other than Sunstorm, a G1 Slipstream would be the only other one I'd really like to see. If other shows can have G1 characters, why can't we do it in reverse?

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    G2 Generations Decepticon Skyscorchers!

Windrazor, Afterburner, Eagle Eye, and Terradive

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    She could hang out with ROTF Lockdown and Universe Hot Shot

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I say give us Thundercracker and Dirge, then let the mold die already.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    This for me too. Though it would be nice to see TC and Dirge released so the whining can stop.

16. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Sunstorm, please Hasbro: Sunstorm. But I'll buy any repaint I can of that more or less. I cant have enough seekers in my classic lineup.

17. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Since I have all 6 Henkei Seekers, I'd luv to have an official Sunstorm as well (hopefully he won't be some expensive exclusive...). But given all the constant re-uses of the Classics Seeker mold, the quality would probably end up being worse than Thundercracker... :/

18. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Being a 2007 GOD set owner I really don't care or have any problems with Thrust, Dirge or TC being released in the Generations line. I bought the GOD set at the time because I didn't want to take any chances on not having a complete set of Classics seekers.

That all being said, I would suspect to see Dirge because of the Henkei mold variation. That variation gives Hasbro an avenue to release Classics Dirge to the masses without insult to any Botcon Dirge owners. Thundercracker would be a tougher thing to do. If Hasbro were to stray too far from TC's look it would be tough to call a Generations release Classics Thundercracker. Even if they did release a TC in the Generations line-up it wouldn't be any skin off my back for the reason I stated above about why I bought the 2007 GOD set to begin with.

The thing that has always bothered me about Sunstorm is that an orange creamsicle fighter jet just doesn't seem the least bit realistic compared to Acid Storm or any of the original 6 seekers. But I am a terrible sucker for the seeker mold. So if they release Sunstorm I'll still buy it.

I think the real question is, "What does Hasbro have up their sleeve for the Generations seekers besides Thrust, Dirge and maybe Sunstorm?" Would anyone go for a G2 deco Ramjet? (I would.)

19. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

I would totally go for a g2 ramjet. I'm a fool for seekers too

20. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Yeah, I don't get why there are people who complain about the Classics Seeker mold. That mold is everything we wanted in the seekers back when G1 was out to begin with. Oh well. The less people buying seekers just means more for me! :D