Relocation of the War for Cybertron subforum

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Mordechai, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

Since I have the Transformers: War for Cybertron Discussion forum bookmarked, I hadn't realized it was moved, and was wondering why people suddenly stopped posting there. I remained confused until someone pointed out that it was indeed moved, to Non Transformers > Video Games and Technology > ...

I was wondering if another location can be found for it. I realize that War for Cybertron, as a video game, belongs under the "Video Games" subforum, but unlike the other games discussed there, isn't "Non Transformers".

Now, my primary concern isn't really semantics. I don't think anybody's honor is slighted just because a Transformers game was put under "Non Transformers"; I don't really mind that. My concern is that War for Cybertron is now effectively buried in subforums. People visiting the TFW2005 site may not be able to find the War for Cybertron subforum through normal navigation since it's not necessarily intuitive to even think about looking in the "Non Transformers" section.

Still, I realize that this request may be declined. TFW2005 serves its community as a whole, and I don't think Transformers: War for Cybertron was much more than a footnote for most members here (just a guess, as an outsider). It may not be possible to move it to a better location without giving it more prominence than the community here cares for. So, I understand. It does make sense.

However, I'm still here requesting a change because of another factor in all this. As a Transformers site, rather than a general video game, gaming hardware, or publisher site, your forum became the primary place to discuss Transformers: War for Cybertron. People playing this game on all platforms found this site to be the place to congregate and discuss T:WFC, and until a couple of days ago, it was the most active place to talk about it.

Yes, the game is in that permanent state of "dying", collapsed into a near-abandoned game where only a few dozen people occasionally decide to log in and play around as mighty Transforming robots. However, the place where most of these last remaining players decided to use as a community portal is here on TFW2005. I fear that if other people can't continue to find it, that will no longer be the case, and no other place will be there to fill in this role. Given what I've seen in the last 3 days, it seems quite likely. There haven't been any posts over the weekend, and no other site has seen any meaningful activity. While this may be due to the general growing disinterest in the game, the change was quite sudden, and coincided with the subforum move.

Of course, TFW2005 is under no obligation to help prevent the inevitable extinction of the War for Cybertron playerbase. TFW2005 has its own community to attend to. However, if some sort of solution could be found that could make the TFW2005 War for Cybertron discussion hub more easily accessible while having a negligible impact on the general navigation of the forums, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time!
    --- Mordechai

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

At least it still lives, unlike the Animated forum.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The problem is, the forum was pretty much dead before we moved it. We were getting maybe, maybe 10 - 20 posts a day in there any more. And that was declining quickly. Video games have a very limited shelf life. there's no need to waste space in the main forum index for a forum that, in another month or so, will likely be abandoned completely.

The only viable place for it was in the Video Games forum. The only other option was to close the forum outright and start a single discussion thread in Video Games for it. I'm sure you'll agree that the direction we took was farm more desirable.

4. Mordechai

Mordechai Active Member

All valid points. I figured it was at least worth it to ask.

Thanks for keeping the forum open.