Release date help???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tarskidx_Prime, May 17, 2010.

1. Tarskidx_Prime

Tarskidx_Prime Member

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone was able to get approximate estimates for the release dates or when we can pre-order 2 particular Transformers toys. I would like to be able to buy the TRU Masterpiece Grimlock before it gets sold out everywhere and does anyone know when TRU is supposed to get this figure by approximate month or pre-order status? I would like to buy this figure directly from TRU like the rest of you would.

Additionally, I am looking for any place online that already is taking pre-orders for the new War for Cybertron toys? If BBTS or other stores still don't have pre-order set up, does anyone know when this toyline will be released? Is this supposed to be available to coincide with the release of the game?

Thanks for answering both questions. I appreciate it.

2. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
  3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The War For Cybertron toys shouldn't be hard to find if you're in the US. They're going to want to flood retail with it to take advantage of the game.

MP Grimlock is another story. Getting MP online is hard enough combine that with getting any exclusives from TRU and you have a hellstorm waiting to happen.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has had preorders up for quite a while.
    no big secret. I have not heard of a release date for MP Grimmy, though.

it was front-page news on more than one occasion.
    there shouldn't be too much of a problem getting them. But TFA stuff....hope you know some people who know some people, lol

5. Tarskidx_Prime

Tarskidx_Prime Member

Thank you guys so much and now I know that these figures are known as Generations. Just looking at the BBTS products, I see all of these different series, yet it has many of the same figures in different sets (without photos). Are there going to be more than one version of these figures or did BBTS just put together different sets and they are calling them series 1-3? I appreciate the help.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What BBTS is calling series is the order the toys are going to be released. Sometimes called waves. Series one is the 1st that will come out. Series two will come out a little bit after series one and contain some of the same toys, some different.

Here's a historical example:

Animated Deluxe Wave 1 (2008 May)
    2x Bumblebee
    2x Cybertron Optimus
    2x Lockdown
    2x Prowl

Animated Deluxe Wave 7 (2010 April)
    1x Bumblebee
    1x Cybertron Optimus
    1x Blurr
    1x Samurai Prowl
    2x Electrostatic Soundwave
    2x Freeway Jazz

Animated Deluxe Wave 7 Revision 1 (2010 May)
    1x Lockdown
    2x Bumblebee
    2x Cybertron Optimus
    1x Oil Slick
    2x Snarl

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Grimlock is listed on TRU.com now, so hopefully he's just around the corner.