release date for the black and silver repaint of wolverine

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DJCHARTERS, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was wondering if a release date had been announced for the black silver and red repaint of crossovers wolverine?

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Not yet, as far as I know. In fact, all we've really seen of its existence is that single photo in the resources gallery. And the brown Wolverine repaint was just sighted for the first time a week or two ago, so they likely won't share shelf space.

I feel your pain, I'm looking forward to it as well. I intend to turn it into an easy Classics Trailbreaker (as I'm sure many are). So I'm hoping the thing is a) real, b) mass-market and easily obtainable, and c) due in stores sooner rather than later.

3. Sigmadead

Sigmadead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Heard there was a brown version of wolvie due out soon also..

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna do that too

As WM just said, it was just sighted at retail recently :) 

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    heck my store never got the captain america/thor/war machine wave.......and i wanted that captain america........they got the second wave and stopped carrying them......so now all they got is a dusty human torch (had a dusty grey hulk for a small time but by the time i was going to grab it it was gone)

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    suggestions for a cheap head that works with that mold?

7. Sigmadead

Ebay:
    Yeah our store had cap and thor for like 5 min, never got 'em back. Personally I was looking forward to nabbing carnage, but that never came to be. Seems the hardest one to find is Venom, I have NEVER seen that one around.

p.s. oops, I missed the brown quote in the previous post.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I've seen Cap only a handful of times. Never seen Carnage.

Some of these are great molds. I got grey hulk and torch. I just wish they weren't, well, marvel characters ;) 

I wanna give my hulk a new head and call him Tankor

9. Sigmadead

Ebay:
    Marvel is what filled the drought left by the 'death' of transformers for me. So I was thrilled they put the two together.

My Brother in law scored a Venom one, but his dog munched it so it is no more. Ive been able to get one actually (the only one I ever saw) along with Wolvie, and Black Spider-man. Seen all of them (save for Carnage) at some point, Cap and Thor seem to be the latest ones to show up around here as I haven't seen any newer ones since... :( 

10. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i actually already have lt swinde head with g1 trailbreaker hollogram thing attached al ready for it. heres hoping its soon then

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Heh heh, me too.... it's left over from an unfinished "Nemesis Prime to Trailbreaker" kitbash that, given my profound laziness, is likely destined to REMAIN unfinished. Hopefully I'll be a bit more successful in completing a Wolverine bash. :p 

Seriously, though, that mold with the BT Swindle head is pretty much the perfect Trailbreaker.

My one concern is how hard the silver paint will be to remove. I had started a Trailbreaker bash on the first release blue Wolverine, with the intention of dying it black. But I kinda gave up because I could NOT get that yellow paint off. I let the pieces soak in 99% isopropyl rubbing alcohol for a full day, and it barely budged the paint. Hopefully the silver will be easier to remove. If not, well, I guess my Classics Trailbreaker will have a fancy new silver paint scheme.