Relative rarity of the "Big Japanese G1's" (ie Star Saber and pals)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by llamatron, Dec 8, 2006.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've been wondering what the relative value and rarity of the big Japanese G1's are. I mean figures like Star Saber, Victory Leo, Overlord, Deszaras, all those large Takara only G1 figures (I'm going to exclude figures like Star Convoy and God Ginrai that have been reissued). Are there any of them that are much more common than others? Any hard to find parts for them? I'm fairly intrigued by them, I really want to know how hard to track down they are and how much they're worth.

2. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I have 2 Star Sabers now, been through 2 others. I had Overlord, before the Internet, and could get many of him again if I chose to. I am on my second Sonic Bomber. I pass on Victory Leo constantly, I hate his tusks. I have Grandus, but he cost me $400. Roadfire is easy for just the body, but complete is extremely hard to find.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    amongst the one you listed only deszaras is considered rare.

overlord, saber n leo tend to pop up now n then, prob with saber n leo it tends to be the giftset which is mucho expensivo.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Star Saber, Victory Leo, and Overlord aren't exceptionally rare. Complete and mint is a little trickier though. The lesser characters (Minerva, Doubleclouder, Dinoking, etc) are much harder to find. The Zone guys are pretty rare too, though there's the C-888 KO of Dia Atlas which I've heard is pretty good.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i need the zone guys!

the singles arent bad in price since theyre smaller, deszaras sized. agan the gifset is murder.

6. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits: