reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grimlockprime16, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

ok guys im thinking about getting into reissues i know there g1 and thats great but are they worth the money and witch ones should i look for first?

2. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Definitely worth the cash. Just watch for deals here and on Ebay. Paying more than $40. MISB each is a bit high (minus Prime of course) Set your sights at about $40. and under for any autobot car.

$35./shipped is the sweet spot. I don't know why, but Sideswipe brings about $10. more than the others. Sideswipe Tru Exclusive all of a sudden becomes available at KB Toys?? Hell if I know what the deal was there.

Go for the TRU (Toys R Us) reissues. Quality wise, they are great!
    I only need Inferno to complete my set of Autobot cars.

3. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

i really like Encore, they've had some awesome figures reissued and you can find most of them for great prices! other than that i would go with the Takara transformers collection. i always go takara over hasbro because, well, they're just better... and they still have weapons that fire.

4. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I'd pick up Megatron, Prime, Soundwave, Blaster, Meiser, and Insecticons first.

5. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I'm on the ledge about Sky Lynx. For Around $60./shipped MISB, you can snag it :) 

I want him, it's just---- I want so many other G1's at the moment. Priorities= DAMN!

6. CowColor

CowColor Get Money™

gotta have megatron a gun is cool, and soundwave, and you got to have prime.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Do the whole TFC first if you have the money and time to hunt them down. BEst reissue set out there.

Then add on from the encore set of characters you dont have in the TFC.

Then go after Takaras first run of reissus that came in original boxes of characters you miss. ( Ultra magnus for example, unless you want the ugly US version)

Then there is if yoru rich the expensiv convention exclusiv ones, Ramjet and Thrust and so on.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take your pick....

I made a list the other day,

Between TFC, Encore, Comm. Series, KOs and other various reissues, almost all of the the first 3 years have been reissued!

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Definitely get the G1 Reissues. They're well worth the money, and make good collector's items.

I suggest that you better get to Toys R Us and get the Reissue Insecticons and Perceptor... soon. They really are flying off the shelves. My brother and I were lucky to find only one Perceptor and one Insecticons left on the shelves yesterday when we went TF toy hunting.

10. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only have two. The TRU Soundwave from a few years back and the new TRU Insecticons. Both are completely awesome, however, my only complaint about the Insecticons are the stickers. But big whoop.

From what I've seen the other reissues are just awesome. I'd go buy your favorite characters. I remember seeing the reissues at TRU years ago and i wasn't into collecting as much as i am now. Still kick myself for not picking up a Hoist and Jazz. :( 

11. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

+1 If your into G1 then you gotta get Soundwave and Megatron.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like the Sixshot and Predaking reissues. They cost a lot of money though.

13. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

well i now have the tru soundwave and dirge on the they sould be here by tusday

14. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

I would have gone for the Botcon Soundwave over the TRU reissue. I have both and have the TRU open and the Botcon MISB. Not a big difference just the Soundwave\Soundblaster dbl cassette chesty. Go find Perceptor and Insections NOW.

If you get a Jazz definitely get the encore. They fixed a ton of problems with the mold that was in the TRU and TFC reissues. Also has the nice new tampos.

I'd get most of the newer encore first, like Hoist, Trailbreaker, Skywarp\Thundercracker combo, Skids, Ironhide, Ratchet, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Skylinx, etc. while they are still readily available and usually on sale at BBTS.

Its hard to beat the TFC 00 Prime, but the price was just to much for me and I went with the encore. He's got the long stacks and is a faithful reproduction.

Starscream and most of the autobot cars I'd try and get TFC for those.

15. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I don't like reissues... they make my collection penis look smaller.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    try to avoid the "safety" versions from tru, hoist was ok, but the seekers nullrays that touch the floor, god ginrai (sorry PM prime w/ apex armor) and magnus with the 8 mile long missiles, autobot cars missing chrome on the missiles and guns, meh, i would rather have encores/tfcs

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Speaking of which.....the TRU in my area has a few.

If anyone is looking and cant find let me know and I can pick them up for you.

18. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It got the TRU Prime, Magnus, Tracks,Hoist, Rodimus, Prowl.
    I am a tad disappointed with OP and UM, but i got them because i could afford them and wanted Minty Molds.
    the others, i managed to get on clearance at the TRU. There were about 4 others on clearance, but i kinda passed on em, hoping to get other G1 reissues.

But my pride and joy is my Encore Ratchet. I am so behind on reissues that my only hope to catch up is that the factory making TF3 toys *i said TF3* burns down -gos forbid- and we have a 4 year wait for those.

The Encores are great. Budget wise, Encore, then TRU.

I like the way they look, but i don't really count EHobby TFs as reissues, just conversation pieces, much like those Blue Guardian versions of Omega.

19. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Dirty's right on all acounts, the Jets are better from the Encore series, and the Encore Jazz has been fixed(the last 3-4 re-issues have had bad face problem) TRU has a suck launcher, and the TRU jet seekers have fugly guns, that are oversized and bulkey with the exception of Durge.

20. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I can't believe how expensive the TFC reissues have become - particularly the Insecticons, Minibots & Soundblaster (Prime deserves a category of his own cos he's just that damn expensive). I'm glad the TRU Insecticons are doing their bit to bring down the TFC price but an E-Hobby Soundblaster re-release would help big-time as well (Case in Point - How expensive had the 2001 reissued Trailbreaker become before the Encore reissue made him much more affordable?).