Reissues Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SC0RP0N0K, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I have a few original G1 figures that are missing some accessories that I would like to pick up to complete them but I'm worried about getting reissued or KO accessories. Is there anyway to tell that I'm buying original parts besides strictly buying from trusted sources since that's not always an option? Thanks.

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, depends on what it is. Most toys haven't been reissued or KO'd, looking at all of G1. What are you looking for?

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i just know if you need fort max parts get them asap....apparantly there is a rumor of a KO fort max on the bend and i am trying to grab a cerebros before that happens

4. SC0RP0N0K

I need some Ironhide parts, Grapple, Ultra Magnus, Prime (both original and Powermaster), Omega Supreme, Hound, Red Alert, ect...

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, all of those have been reissued. I haven't seen much in the way of people breaking up complete reissues to sell the parts. Most reissues themselves have appreciated in price.

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    They haven't, but parts for most of those figure are being repo'ed by someone in radicons.

Bliss for some, misery for others.

7. SC0RP0N0K

Well that's a relief. I just want to make sure my originals are just that ya know? =)

8. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

just be carefull with who you deal with, I just got screwed with a couple figures that were "complete g1!" from people here and ended up with reissue accesories with junker toys. just make sure you get lots of pictures and follow up on the person's feedback BEFORE you do any buying or selling.

and when it gets to the point where you can not tel the differnece at all between reissue and original....well we're almost there ;-)

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most of the Hasbro reissue missiles, guns etc. were never chromed like some of the originals. Also the Hasbro reissue Prime, Powermaster Prime, and Ultra Magnus all have ridiculously long and extended missiles, along with the seekers.

A lot of the Takara stuff is pretty close to the originals, so you will have a harder time.

10. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

the chrome quality is slightly shinier on most of the takara releases, but some are really tough to tell, espeically seeker parts.

11. SC0RP0N0K

Thanks for the input guys. Hopefully this question will help out others in this position.