Reissue trailbreaker any time soon???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by diablo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

I know there has already been a reissue of TB (limited to 1000), but I was wondering what you guys think is the likelihood of an Encore reissue of Trailbreaker? We've already had Hoist and the TB mold still exists as far as I know - seems odd that there hasn't been a more widespread reissue.

Also, are there going to be any more TFC reissues, or has that line come to an end?

Any thoughts (or insiders info) would be appreciated.

2. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the TF Encore line will continue because there's not much out there that's interesting right now. Movie line is toast in my opinion heck, even the premium line does not amuse or impress me at all. Animated? I'm not into those coz I don't really like the direction they took. Kids would probably dig it. So I'm setting my eye on Encore and Masterpiece series and Yes a trailbreaker reissue should be not far behind. Let's keep a positive attitude and hopefully we can see Encore Fortmax, Shockwave, Dinobots and those gestalts/combiners. I'm hoping for an Encore Sunstreaker.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker would be kinda cool to see, though I probably wouldn't buy him. As for the Dinobots (mentioned above), from what we know, they are in the "destroyed molds" group of TF's that can't be reissued. A reissue of the Technobots would be nice, imo.

4. taz235

taz235 Well-Known Member

Were the TB reissus numbered to 1000?

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yes the TB/Hoist set was a convention exclusiv and limited to 1000 pieces just as the Ironhide/Ratchet and a few others like the seekers (except Starscream.)

If not misstaken Sunstreaker also fills in the category of "brooken or lost molds".To poster above.

6. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Then how did that Chinese KO company released those Dinobots?

7. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Ironhide/Ratchet: Limited reissue exclusive released before TFC, appeared in Encore.

Skywarp/Thundercracker: Limited reissue exclusive released before TFC, appearing in Encore.

Trailbreaker: Limited reissue exclusive released before TFC......

It's definitely plausible.

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    reversed engeneried.

from what I read but dont know if Im 100% accurate:Takara did the same with the TFC Soundwave so it is possible for Takra but like all things it needs to be cost effectiv and I dont think all dinos are cost effectiv. Reason why they did it with soundwave is that he would sell so good so it was no calculating and his TFC sold out fast and still holds his value even though encore is out.

9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That cardboard box it's in is what adds the value. Also don't forget this restored Soundwave have been reissued 4 times by Has/Kara.

From what I've seen of that convention reissue set it was.

-Ratchet/Ironhide
    -Trailbreaker/Hoist
    -Red Alert
    -Grapple
    -Thundercracker/Skywarp
    -Thrust/Ramjet/Dirge

10. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info. I was looking at a convention exclusive TB but I think I'll hold off and wait for an encore release.

Anybody know why TFC was cancelled (or at least appears to be)? I thought that line was doing pretty well (much better than Hasbro's commerative series).