reissue powermaster prime vs god ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Sep 29, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anybody got both of these toys and can confirm that they are identical? (i know the missiles are different )

The japanese reissue god ginrai stamps says made in japan, is this the same for the hasbro powermaster version?? In fact it will probably say where it was made on the box.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I just got mine down (TRU Powermaster Prime, UK retail), and both the box and the trailer label it as being made in China.

3. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The other thing to take into account is that Godbomber has the circle-molds (missiles? headlights?) on the chrome front, which I think the old single-packed Godbobmer did not. Searching the boards may turn up more answers.

4. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I think the one has a metal god bomber chest and the other has plastic but both are chrome, or is the the G1 compared to reissue....gots to think about this or go check lol.

5. microclone

News Credits:
    ah, thats interesting. the japan one says japan on the stamps and made in japan on the box. i was going to buy the UK version when i was still there aside of my god ginrai but at the 50 pounds retail i found that way too steep as at the same time GG could be had for $35 from various online retailers.

6. microclone

News Credits:
    the hasbro vintage version was all plastic, teh japanese vintage and all the reissues have the metal cab.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't think there's ever been a metal Godbomber chest... you sure you're not mixing it up with the differences between the original PM Prime (with plastic Prime cab) and Ginrai/reissue Prime (with metal cab)?

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Really? Mine was £30 when it was new out... I got it from TRU in Luton.

9. microclone

News Credits:
    I saw them in toys r us for 49.99 pounds, i think that wa sthe original price, im pretty sure they went lower though as they were clogging space!!

10. mecha

mecha Banned

godbomber chest is plastic...i know my friend crushed mine by accident...the cab is metal...i have the japanese reissue version.

11. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    Differences between the original US/EURO PM Prime and the Super/God Ginray??

As mentioned before the cap is metal, the hips are different in color and the Japanese one is more solid.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

He's after differences between the reissue PM Prime and Ginrai, not the original PM Prime. The reissue is basically the same as the Ginrai set, but as we're discovering, has a few, more subtle differences.

13. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    thanx for clearing that up

14. microclone

News Credits:
    the fact that the hasbro version was made in china makes me wonder if there are any other differences regards construction quality, unless the same plastics, moulds and componenets were used in both japan and china that could lead to differences.

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dislike zombie thread, but I find when people don't use the search function even more annoying. So....

Anyone here have any further clarification on the original Ginrai vs the 2003 reissue differences?

Are there copyright differences? My Japan reissue has the same as my original Ginrai (don't have Godbomber yet). Does the US Apex armor have difference copyright stamp in the trailer inner thigh? I have no mention of China anywhere.

Also, can anyone confirm the Godbomer circle mold being different?

16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    One other difference are the hands on the trailer for his non-God Bomber super mode. On Hasbro's original 80s PM Prime they were all red plastic and there was no way to fold them down or hide them. On the Hasbro reissues and God Ginrai, the trailer mode hands are remolded where they can slide back into the arm and are molded in blue now.