Reissue Megatron - No Orange Tip?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by wannabeGeorge, Apr 6, 2007.

1. wannabeGeorge

wannabeGeorge Art Mercenary

Just out of curiousity, why was it that there was no concern for the #6 reissue Megatron, but the Masterpiece Megatron *had* to be "modified" for U.S. distribution? You can even SEE the G1 reissue in gun mode without opening the packaging ... anybody know? Just strikes me as random ...

2. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

That is odd, especially when you add in the fact that G1 Megatron is pretty much the actually size of a real P-38 handgun.

3. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    G1 megs is a slightly scaled down P38, small enough to fit in kid hands. It's not the actual size of a real P38.

4. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure, but I thought these had to be smuggled in the U.S. Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Was it released before the Postal Code changes after 9/11?

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

There have been several releases of it, some before that and some after. The bookstyle one came after for sure, and there was a re-release of it just a few months ago.

As to the original question, I don't know, it's a good question. While the original Megatron is still smaller than an actual P38, it still looks pretty realistic.

6. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

Because the MP is a new toy and a higher profile release... they could almost certainly get away with it (like they do with the book style reissue) but they're just covering their asses.

Just my guess.

7. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

The stupid thing is when BBTS originally release Megatron #06 he didn't have an orange cap. Now this time around they decide to modify it with one. I wonder why the change of heart.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

they said they actually had legal trouble

9. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Has anyone had trouble getting a Masterpiece Megs into the States?

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    BBTS did NOT release #06 Megatron the first time. Adding the tip was the only way they could release it legally. Other stores didn't care then just like they don't care about MP Megatron. BBTS said they were gonna mod him from the start, other stores are only modding him because they have to. Well actually, the suppliers are modding him and THAT'S why they have to.

11. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I imagine its because it a high profile figure, resellers got crap for the importing the reissue Megs, and/or there is a picture of the gun mode on the front cover of the toy's box.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i was just about to say that :lol 

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

BBTS never imported any of the Megatron reissues, #6 or otherwise. They were one of the few who didn't, at least until tonight when this plugged version showed up. They did carry used ones that they bought from people, but apparantly the law they're worried about deals only with importing from other countries.

EDIT: Doh, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. Insane Galvatron beat me to it.

14. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Ah, I must have stumbled across the "used" page on their site and assumed they sold it. Sorry for the incorrect info.

15. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    and the mp megs is no where near the real size of that gun its grossly oversized i mean the grip is HUGE and the paint is so sparkly why theyed fret over it is kinda laughable the reissue megs is more akin to the actual size

16. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Oh give it up. Nothing is sparkly about MP Megatron.

Also, fans are never happy! Would you rather have a realistic size of Megatron or the Gun? YOU CAN'T HAVE EITHER.

17. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    MP Megatron may not be a realistic size either, but because its bigger, its a lot easier to see, and thats where the law still applies... it give the impression of a real gun. It doesn't matter if its a replica, oversize or undersize. you can't have exceptions or the law is worthless.

which is why it kinda bugs me they're getting orange plus and fans are just popping them off. i hope you guys are keeping them in your private collections.

18. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

Actually I ordered 3, gave them to my 3 kids to play around with in the nieghborhood.

I'm hoping for a settlement from Takara in the near future.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Actually, even with an orange tip, there is a chance you could get shot if you go mouthing off to a cop with it. also, I plan on seein how many times i can get shot and survive with me mine ;-) Why keep him pent up, let him do some evil LOL :)  *Sarcasm* (if I Had to tell you that)

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks to me as if someone has just ruined a whole bunch of figures. This is the latest from BBTS. Now you have a gun with a silencer that can't even be used. And they still charge you full price for them......