Reissue G1 Rodimus Gold Chrome?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tampalicious, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I ordered a boxed Takara reissue of G1 Rodimus Prime. I had this figure (the exact same one I think) many years ago, and I remember him being silver chromed.
    The one I have now looks gold :( 
    WTF.....
    I cant read the box. Do u guys know is this supposed to be gold, or is it so "old" now that it yellowed the chrome? I opened it to check the other side, its like that on both sides.....
    I dont feel like harassin the guy , he's in Hong Kong, but he aint gettin positive feedback yet....
    It just looks weird, Im tired of droppin $$$ on TFs , an then findin somethin bogus like that....
    Any info or input is appreciated
    thanks

2. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  3. Tampalicious

Wow, that looks like Emirate Xxarron, lol! No , the one I have looks like Rodimus, but his chrome pieces only are gold. No damage or fading to any other part of the box or fig....

I wish I had one of those pieces lol! I dont have anything like that in my collection

EDIT: Looked at it real close just now, you can almost see like it looks like "goo bubbles" or something. That makes no sense, unless somethin weird happened in the factory to the chrome before they put it all together? Its weird....

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Oooh, post pics!

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The only Transformers I've ever heard of with the gold chrome / silver chrome variation are the cassettes and original Optimus Prime (there's a Lucky Draw).

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    :useless 

We need to see pictures so as to understand the whole issue better.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Are you saying that he's like a regular Rodimus, except the side pipes and wheels are gold instead of silver? Or are you talking about the whole toy being chromed?

8. Tampalicious

I tried to take pics but it doesnt really show very well. The wheels are normal looking, so is the figure itself. The only things appearing "goldish' are his arm-pipes and the pipes on the vehicle. I agree it makes no sense without pics though, Ill see if one of my buddies with a good phone will take a pic. I dont think it should look like that tho

9. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
  10. Tampalicious

[​IMG]

This was the best one. You can see what I mean, it doesnt really convey the color well, but I think you can see how its not silver. Im not sure what that writing on the left side says? I assume it says somethin like, "Anniversary Reissue!!" But who knows?

I think its funny, because I sold mine to buy this because I wanted the box, and mine had a slight bit of chrome wear on his arm. Geez....I gotta laugh at myself ya know

And the pics Tripredacus posted look like the same thing, huh....

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Hmm.. I need to dig out my Takara reissue Rodimus and see if his chrome is tarnished. That's what it looks like. Same thing that happens to the chrome on MP Megatron.

12. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Funny how rodimus' silver chrome turns gold, and my dinobots' gold chrome has faded to silver.

13. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

Mine has done the exact same thing. His exhausts are turning gold but his wheels are staying silver. Will post pics soon.

[​IMG]

Here it is. Quite hard to see in the picture but it definately has an obvious tinge of yellow. Upon closer inspection i think that it hasn't turned gold but the chroming was not completed correctly. On the first and second horizontal exhaust at the top near his roof, he has dark yellow 'run off'. It looks like paint drips or glue marks or something. Anyway, i also got mine from Hong Kong about a year ago.