Reimagining your favorite character into a series they don't already exist...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Feb 10, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I had this thought the other day because unless your name is Optimus or Megatron you don't exist in every single universe there is. At least not a form that we've actually seen.

What really got me thinking about this is that some TF toy lines don't blend well with others when you try to display them together on a shelf. Bumblebee for example, I got the legacy of Bumblebee set and I display them together but Classic next to Movie next to Animated and eventually I'm going to put Prime next to them, that don't really look right.

So rather than complaining and trying to make it look right how about we just make it even more wrong... by coming up with what our favorite characters might look like if they had existed in toy lines they weren't already a part of.

For the aforementioned Bumblebee who by the way is not actually my favorite character as an adult but was my favorite as a kid and I like to keep him around for the nostalgia.

BW Bumblebee: Waspinator repaint using his robot head not the mutant head.

BW Goldbug: TM Waspinator retool. Removing the cockpit section for the "jet mode" and swapping the head for a more robotic looking head sculpt like Pre-BW Waspiator's head.

BM Bumblebee: Buzzsaw repaint

R.I.D. Bumblebee: I really have no idea what to do for this one.

Armada Bumblebee: Well even though he wasn't called that in the U.S. his Japanese name is the same as G1 Bumblebee and he's already a clear homage to Bumblebee so Sparkplug.

Armada Goldbug: For the same reasons listed above, Corona Sparkplug.

Energon Bumblebee: Using the "Wheeljack" mold with a new head sense in the cartoon his name was Cliffjumper so this would be the first ever Cliffjumper to be repainted into Bumblebee instead of from Bumblebee.

Energon Goldbug: Using the ACTUAL Cliffjumper mold because he was a dune buggy so the name Goldbug fits him better than Bumblebee. Again it would just be fun to see Bumblebee and Cliffjumper share a mold when Cliffjumper had it first.

Cybertron Goldbug: Sense it's already been done and just needs a repaint so it's not in SG colors Hot Shot.

So yeah that would be all my picks for versions of Bumblebee in universes we haven't already seen him in. So pick your favorite character or a character that has great Nostalgic value to you and post what you think he or she might look like in universes we haven't seen him or her in. Also give me some ideas on what you think R.I.D. Bumblebee should look like.

2. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    BW Acid Storm: New Mold as a Bombardier Beetle.

BM Acid Storm: Obsidian repaint.

RID Acid Storm: Darkscream repaint.

Armada Acid Storm: Thrust Repaint.

Energon Acid Storm: Energon Starscream repaint.

Cybertron Acid Storm: Voyager Starscream repaint.

Movie Acid Storm: Thrust Repaint.

Animated Acid Storm: Voyager Starscream repaint that would represent his persistance.

Prime: Skyquake repaint with a new head.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I'm confused. Darkscream is himself a repaint of BW Night Glider so why do a new mold for BW?

You know Ramjet is the little Mini-con that came with Tidal Wave. That's the worst Mini-con mold out of the entire toy line. Why on Earth would you want to repaint that? There are so many other jets in Armada that you could of chosen for that. His robot mode has 0 points of articulation. The jet mode is OK... I guess... but I'm so ashamed of him I literally just hide him in Tidal Wave's shoulder compartment. Of course he is the smallest Mini-con ever made sense he happens to be the only Mini-con that actually fits in Tidal Wave's shoulder compartment and may very well be the smallest Transformer ever made. It's actually really difficult for any tiny Transformers to impress me but put anyone next to Armada Ramjet and they will immediately look 100 times better than they actually are. His build to rule toy is better than the real one and he's the only Armada character I feel safe saying that for without being chased by an angry mob. He's so bad that I can only jump to the conclusion that you had him confused with another Transformer. Armada Ramjet literally has no redeeming qualities what so ever except for maybe the fact that he comes with Tidal Wave who I freaking love despite being brick-like he's an awesome brick.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not really into the whole toy angle of this topic, but I do like the idea of transplanting someone into a foreign show. So here's what I got:

RiD SkyByte in TFP- Beast modes seem to be taboo in TFP, evidenced by Airachnid, so his shark characteristics would have to be featured in his robot mode. Not too hard really.

He'd turn into some kind of jet. Must have the shark face painted on the nose of the jet like some fighter jets do/did.

Chest plate in RiD had a sort of monster face going on. Makes it easy to carry over and make it somewhat more sharky in feel.

Tail of the jet would become his anchor arm.

The wings, I think I would actually want them to fold up some to be less visible in robot mode. Make them into tiny wings on his back.

The head keeps the shark fin on his head motif.

And I think we're good! It also helps that his name doesn't specifically refer to a shark.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Because RID has no connection to well...anything, they would be two entirely diffrent characters connected by name, ASINO, if you will.

Actually yes, I ment to say Thrust,it's fixed now.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    G1 Waspinator

G2 Waspinator

TM2 Waspaintor

RID Waspinator

Armada Waspinator

Energon Waspinator

Cybertron Waspinator

Movie Waspinator

Prime Waspinator

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Ah, that makes sense. I'm not a big Thrust fan myself because I don't like the way he actually uses his Mini-con but the figure on it's own is not that bad.

Um... you didn't say what any of these are suppose to look like. The point is to describe what a version of the character that doesn't already exist would look like. This is not really my list but if it were...

G1 Waspinator: Venom repaint

R.I.D. Waspinator: TM Waspinator

Armada Wasp: Sideways retool. The Mini-cons would be retooled to represent the heads for BW Waspinator or BM Thrust and the neutral head would combine elements of both. He'd have Multiple Personality Disorder like Animated Blitzwing. I kinda choose this mold because he already reminds me of BM Thrust.

Energon Waspinator: I really have no idea what to do for this one.

Cybertron Wasp: Cybertron Thundercracker with the Pre-BW Wasp head and paint scheme sense the molds are already kinda similar.

Movie Wasp: Starscream repaint. He already looks like Waspinator plus it would be a reverse homage to the episode "Possession" from Beast Wars.

Movie Waspinator: Insecticon repaint.

Prime Wasp: Bumblebee repaint

8. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    G2 Dirge - Repaint G2 Ramjet
    BW Dirge - Repaint of BW Razorclaw
    BW Neo Dirge - Repaint of BW Neo Dead End
    BM Dirge - Repaint of BM Scavenger
    RiD Dirge - Repaint of RiD Slapper
    Armada Dirge - Repaint of Armada Ramjet ♥
    Energon Dirge - Repaint of Energon Cruellock
    Cybertron Dirge - Repaint of Cybertron Wreckloose
    Movie Dirge - Repaint of Movie Bonecrusher
    DotM Dirge - Repaint of DotM Ratchet
    Prime Dirge - Repaint of Prime Soundwave

Oh woah woah woah woah woah mate. Armada Ramjet is a boss minicon. I love that guy. Great paint, fun sculpt, he can sit on Tidal Wave, etc. I'd take Armada Ramjet over any other TF (besides BW Razorclaw) anyday.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I don't get it... What are you seeing that the rest of the world isn't? There's nothing great about the paint job. I'm pretty sure all his parts are molded in that color plastic, the only real paint is his face which is all one color. No real attention to detail. What's fun about the sculpt? You can transform it to a jet or a stick, I mean robot... no wait I was right the first time.

When the crazy guy thinks your crazy you have a problem. Some mean men with white coats are coming to give you a jacket that ties in the back.

10. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

TF Prime-Rattrap maybe I guess called Rattletrap if he was a car of something. Same Personality and voiced by Scott Mcneil.
    TF Prime-Springer Same triple changer style and same personality and green :) 

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movieverse Cyclonus: An unstoppable force for evil! Practically indestructible, always sets himself above everybody else and truly believes he is better than everybody except Megatron and The Fallen.

12. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    Star Saber in Armada would have a been great way to introduce the character to american audiances since his brain master is easily a minicon. in energon, he could have met victory lio and boom! victory saber! his gimmick would be his minicon makes him smarter in battler and unlocks his planetary impact sword. the smarter thing will help him mature and do better in battle. then during the energon wars his partner ginrai, can get destroyed and be built as his power up victory lio, also following the super link gimmick of the show.

Star Saber in RiD would be fire convoys orbital support guy. though did fire convoy NEED any more team mates?

im not even sure what other universe he's even fit into. if in beast wars he'd be an eagle. yes an eagle.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    G1 Crosswise - Devcon's former protege, now works with the Wreckers.

BM Crosswise - Forced into submission as a Vehicon but when he cans aids the Maximals.

Armada/Energon Crosswise - Shares mold with Armada Blurr.

Bayverse - Autobot Sniper and is a member of the Badass crew which includes Sideswipe and Dino.

TFA - Elite Guard Bounty Hunter hired to hunt down Swindle.

WFC - Part of scouting team to search new worlds, part of Evac's crew he ended up on Earth.

Prime - Is found frozen in Ice and joins the crew.