reign of star scream #3

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by prime78, Jul 17, 2008.

1. prime78

prime78 Well-Known Member

i found this interesting how it related to the prequil comic and also mentions the seekers with ramjet and thundercracker also noting the added power with an earth mode

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice comic, can't wait for the next part. I hope they introduce some other seekers, I really liked seeing Ramjet.

3. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Screamer just kicks aft in this series!
    He makes short work of the Autobots on Mars, especially poor Arcee; she never even had a chance against SS.

Thundercracker is downright AWESOME in his alt-mode!

I wonder where Skywarp is? Unless he is intentionally being left out (I'd prefer him over TC).

I also love how Screamer continuously gloats about his Earth form over the alien jet form...yes, I agree, F-22s ROCK!!! :rock 

As usual, Alex Milne's art is simply amazing. Also, the little things hidden within (two I've noticed were the names of S7 agents and Kremzeek drawn on the floor on Trypticon)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  4. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love how their setting up the non movie autobots as all sector 7 creations

5. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Finally got this comic today, LOVE IT. Liked to see the Autobots totally get PWNED for once, no ifs, ands, or buts. And Starscream's internal monologue continues to impress.

Also can't wait to see what's going on with Landmine, Salvage, and Longarm. And Wreckage, can't forget about him.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    is this 4 or 6 issues?

7. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    Five. I still haven't grabbed #3 'cuz I'm holding out for the James Raiz/Josh Burcham "B" cover which blew me away when I first saw it on Josh's DA page. My local shops only ordered enough copies of #3 to fill their subscriptions, plus ONE cover "A" to put on the shelf next to the 500 copies of Secret Invasion anyway :banghead: 

8. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

I felt good watching the Autobots get stomped.. Even though Im an Autobot fan to the core.. No fancy save the day tricks.. no Last ditch comebacks.. Just total utter defeat.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The robots were drawn surprisingly well for Milne standards, and I didn't actually have to look twice to understand what was happening in any of the panels, so thus far "Reign of Starscream" is a huge improvement over "Megatron: Origin" in terms of art for Milne... but DEAR GOOD SOMEONE PLEASE TEACH ALEX MILNE HOW TO DRAW HUMAN FACES. Seriously.

That Sector Seven leader guy on page 15 looks like some clone creature straight out of a Pat Lee comic after a hairdryer exploded in his face. Also, I originally thought his moustache was is mouth in the second panel. And then that anime reject chick next to him. And that soldier guy with his unnatural body posture and facial expressions. He looks is if he were bluescreened into that scene. Really, those humans loook HORRIBLE.

Story's surprisingly good. Starscream's character is nicely fleshed out, better than the G1 cartoon stereotype we got in "All Lame Megatron".

Same for Arcee. This is a good characterization, unlike Furman's crazy psychopathic emo killer chick from the Spotlights.

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So Arcee bought it?

11. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked the constant Ammo explanation, I'm sure a fan said that a while ago on these boards. I wanna see a full-body image of Ramjet but from what I can see; He's awesome :) 

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like where this story is going, even if I don't care much for the aesthetic. Nice lunchtime read, well done art.

13. Archaea

Naw she's in part 2. I think she and the others were left for dead... But in stasis. Starscream was really in a hurry to get to Cybertron. So I think he beat em and left em. There are still more bots on the planet.

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Smokescreen didn't get beat too badly, did he? :( 

15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    He had the equivalent of a "Mommy..." moment/panel, so I'd say yeah, they just didn't show it directly.

16. Archaea

The one thing you realize is that the Autobots, have a SERIOUS size problem when going against the cons.. This book showcased it well.