Regular people?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Dec 9, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Lately I have been pondering, "What is ordinary?"

I am a grown man, that still likes cartoons, that has no plans of ever stopping... Is this okay?

I see people that seemingly only are interested in sports, or getting laid.

Though, I find no interest in the first, and the later, well... Heh heh.

This being said though, am I normal? I enjoy Power Rangers, Transformers, and Cartoons... but there is a lingering pain in the back of my head, when I go into public, and my only interest is to find a toy... A "plastic man".

This throbbing pain gives off all sorts of insecurities and makes me wonder "Is anybody judging me?" Because, you figure... There are the people that make fun of us as a community, the clerks that mock us, because we are infact grown men that still play with toys, so we make up the excuse "It is for a friend's son..." Or something along those lines...

Or, am I weird for just thinking about it in the first place? Perhaps I am just letting lingering insecurities get the better of me, and nobody gives a shit in the first place.

I really don't know, but as I get older I get more insecure about my collecting, I love it, and love playing with them. But, am I "Too old" should I just be doing what regular people do? For that matter... What do these so called regular people do? It's all i've ever really known is collecting, school, work and girlfriend...

2. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it is all a matter of opinion. And people are more than welcome to theirs. Should their opinion be to laugh at me for my hobby and what makes me, "me", then....that's fine. But I won't be one to laugh at people for what they like.

3. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

4 words... F**K WHAT PEOPLE THINK!!!!!!!!!!..i live my life for me/by me and only me.. u got to do u....cuz in the end u only got to make ur self happy..all that other s**t in life is trivial.. n the end u will be judge by ur self... for ur actions...and thats all that matters..besides if u cant make ur self happy...how the hell u suppose to make others happy..as long as u dont hurt others...who the f**k are others to judge...thats my sum on life in a nut shell..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah, do whatever you want as long as you don't break the law or hurt anyone. If other people judge you that's cool. It shows they're taking an interest and their own life is probably lacking semething :D 

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    HA! One of the best quotes I've ever heard in my life, is "What is normal?".

Somebody, give this guy a freaking medal.

6. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

TheDemonDzko,... I have felt like what you are talking about before so I totally know what your talking about. I don't get out to stores as 1,.. I have a hard time cause some leg and back.I don't like what other people think about me but I try not to think about it that much when I am out.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do you mean sumbudy gib dis guy a f'in metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Generally speaking the older I get the less I care about others perceptions of me (in regards to trivial shit).

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I think that if we are all different people, with different likes and dislikes, there is no such thing as a "normal"

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think once u start asking that kind of question something might be telling u to reflect on things n ur priorities in life so far. U might just decide ur content with being so called plastic man but it could be ur calling to try out diff things in life.

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously dude....who cares what people think. If getting toys is what makes you happy, then why enable others to take that joy away from you? In fact, I find that people who go out of their way to do that....are really just out to find any reason to feel better about their own miserable existences. So don't let them drag you down with them.

11. kaos

no doubt..im too old to give 2 $#!+s what anyone thinks of me..i openly tell people i collect and i embrace my habit...100% of the time people are like "what u collect robots" "i would never figure u for that type"..with knowing what comes next i often ask "well what type did u think i was/am"..the response never fails to amuse me.."i figured u for the the work out jock type"(which i am also)..but i get a kick out of changing peoples perceptions of me..now they know not only will i kick ur ass...but i'll school ya on some transformers while im doing it..:lol 

also i see what u did there..good but not quite...

AMEN BROTHA..amen:thumb 

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  12. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Who cares....F them....

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Regular people are the ones who eat enough fibre.

14. kaos

im definitely not regular then..LOL...

15. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

The clerks don't laugh. They find it cute and start hitting on you until they see the Onegina ring. Just use the female clerks sparingly and get rebates off them. Anyway, other than my family, don't really care what others think of my hobby. I bring toys to work. Everyone around me knows. As for other peeps and their own hobbies, you'll find that everyone has their own thing that makes them somewhat unique.

When I was younger I thought about how much time and money I spent just partying. A few years later, I decided to get married and have a family. Now I'm 32, I've been asking myself the same thing especially after 4 years of collecting. The third party (r)evolution doesn't help either.

Lastly...

Its always better to try out different things once in awhile as well. I tried collecting toys 4 years ago. Its fun. Its also good to move on and try other things life can offer.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sometimes I feel pretty stupid. Usually get a convo going to get their minds off it.
    It's that silence thats awkward. DON'T JUDGE MEE!

17. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    There aren't "regular people" everyone has quirks.

18. tomagnus

tomagnus question the answers

I try not to listen to what others think of my hobbies, If being "one of the normal ones" means going thru life like a mindless drone, then I wanna be as off centered as possible!

With that said, I'm always up for trying something different it's healthy to experience the different things life has to offer. Even if it doesn't become something that I do over and over again, hey, at least I can say I did it or tried it out.

So F**k the nay sayers cause they don't mean a thing! F**k them all!

19. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Some hide it better than others.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I always think that, "average" exist, but "regular", does not. Everyone's special in their own way, have their own things that are not "ordinary".