regualar 360 or an elite?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ssjautobot, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Okay, if you want to upgrade your 20gig to a 120 gig its going to cost you $180. I can go to Newegg and get a 500GB sata drive for the PS3 at only $135.

The selling point is being able to have many different applications including an internet browser (which should be mandatory on all internet enabled consoles imo)

Many would consider the God of War series to be a killer app. Ratchet and Clank and Little Big Planet look like A+ games even if they are not really system sellers, and Lair is looking very much like killer app material, and one of the few Next gen games that screams "I'm next-gen!!".

Like KidDynamite said, Elite + wifi makes the PS3 for only about $20 more and a bluray player very easy to consider. And remember, both of these systems are really meant for HDTVs. If you can buy a movie in either HD format, and you already have one of the players, I think quite a few people would be willing to buy sthe disc that will take advantage of their HDTVs.

For my money, PS3 just makes more sense to me from a hardware standpoint. I have an HD home theater projector, and it would just be more convenient to have an bluray player, console, and wifi all in the same box. Also, from a consumer standpoint I wouldn't buy a 360 because I would say its overdue for a pricecut. Its been out for over a year, and the only thing MS does is color it black, throw in a even further overpriced HDD, add a HDMI port, and charge $80 more. Not really worth it IMO.

2. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    But why would you want to? You're missing the point. If someone owns a 360 with a 20 gig hard drive, and they want more storage, they're not going to go out and buy a PS3 for $600. They're going to pay the $179 for the bigger drive. Upgrading was never part of the original question, so your point is moot.

IMO, browsing the internet on a 'console' is pointless. Computers can do it much better, and cheaper. If you're buying a PS3(or xbox, or wii) for the web browsing or applications, you're aim is off.

To you, maybe. Like I said, i've yet to see anything for the ps3 that even remotely looks interesting.

No. For you, maybe, but not everyone. You seen to forget that what you want in a system is not the same as everyone else. You're also totally forgetting that the $20 difference is not totally correct. Wifi adapters for the 360 can be had for less then $50.

Again, you're totally missing the point. The original poster had mentioned that he was going to use the system for games, not movies. It's funny, majority of your pluses for the ps3 all deal with movies, not games. Here's some of his posts, to refresh:

From those two posts alone, a PS3 would be worthless to him.

3. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How in the hell did this turn into a PS3 VS. 360 pissing match? And Gigatron_2005 is suggesting one actually purchase a PS3!?!? What kind of alternate universe did I warp into? Wait a tick...I think a pig just flew by my window...that explains volumes.
    :lol 

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

:lolol 

5. rawl316

rawl316 Well-Known Member

quoted for effect

6. rawl316

rawl316 Well-Known Member

uhh, I thought the poster didn't own a system. So he wouldn't be upgrading.

7. ROCK_LEE

ROCK_LEE Well-Known Member

I hate how they can't just offer the HDMI cable seperate, makes no sense to me. What is existing 360 users want HD, then they gotta rebuy a system along with it?

I just want 360 for halo3 anyway, its the only game i ever consistently played on a console.

8. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I just want to know when there's gonna be a f**king price drop! I have no next gen console at all and have been waiting for a 360's price to cheapen for ages. In AUS, this thing is like $600 ($500 for core), and I'm not gonna pay that much at this stage of it's lifespan (not to mention it's notorious issues remain unfixed).

When I first heard about the elite, I thought "Hey, I'm willing to pay top dollar for so long as it runs cooler and less noisy". Now that that rumor's been thrown out, the elite is meaningless to me.

I hope the regular system drops it's price before Halo 3 comes out because it's gonna suck having to go to EB Games and only bring home a game inside a miniature helmet (I pre-ordered it)

9. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Which is exactly what I said in my post that you quoted.

10. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Never even thought of this before.

Why does Linux matter so much on PS3. Sony sold Linux Kits for PS2 and no one cared at all for Linux then. Also, how many people actually know how to use Linux?

11. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I do!

Some of us like Linux, you know. I have to say running Linux on a PS2 was a truly painful experience; 32 megs of ram, and a 300 Mhz MIPS III processor; everything ran like a pig, if you could get it to compile in the first place that is.