[Region 4] Contest #6: Soundwave vs Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 16, 2009.

?

Contest #6: Soundwave vs Tracks

Poll closed Feb 17, 2009.
  1. Soundwave

83.3%
  2. Tracks

16.7%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    [Region 4] Contest #6: #4 Seed Soundwave vs #13 Seed Tracks

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), February 17th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SOUNDWAVE

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    FUNCTION: COMMUNICATIONS

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."

Profile: It is said that Soundwave can hear a fly sneeze. It is also said that beneath his smooth-talking, affable surface beats the generator coil of a blackmailer. Those who know these two facts about him are very careful about what they say within earshot of him. Soundwave is the ultimate opportunist and will use anything he can to advance his status in the eyes of the Decepticon Leader Megatron. He doesn't worry about what others think of him because he knows he is nearly indispensable. Although they all despise him, the other Decepticons pretend to like him rather than get on his bad side. As Rumble explains, "Soundwave always has the last laugh."

Abilities: Soundwave's sensors can detect radio transmissions of the lowest energy levels. He can even "read minds" by monitoring the electrical impulses inside someone's brain circuitry, if he's standing nearby. He serves as the Decepticons' communications relay station - he can keep them all in radio contact with each other within a radius of 100 miles. His photographic memory is due to the immense information storage capacity of the magnetic disks in his chest. He carries a high-amplification directional radiowave sensor and a concussion blaster-gun. He also has great physical strength.

Weaknesses: Soundwave sometimes gets overconfident about his value to the others. At times his hateful personality has resulted in retaliation from them, or worse yet, his abandonment during battle with the Autobots. So far, Soundwave has not only survived these incidents, but has seen to it that his betrayers pay for their actions.

TRACKS

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: WARRIOR

"Looking good is what life is all about."

Profile: "Lousy Earth-lover," is one of the nicer epithets used by some of Tracks' comrades to describe his behavior. After all, he makes no secret of the fact that he prefers the sleek and classy Earth form given to him by the Ark over his original robot form. If the war didn't require him to sometimes revert to his Autobot form, he might stay a car all the time. He attributes his fellow Autobots' criticism to jealousy on their part - they don't look as good as he does in vehicular form, he reasons. But their displeasure stems from a more serious consideration. They feel the struggle against the Decepticons should be Tracks' prime concern, not his own looks. Vanity can blind anybody to the truth, even a robot.

Abilities: In vehicular mode, Tracks can reach speeds of 280 mph on the ground. He can also sprout wings from under his rear fenders, which allow him to fly at sub-sonic speeds, and he can adapt a launcher to his hood that fires two heat-seeking incendiary missiles up to 60 miles. The missiles can be used in robot mode also, along with his black beam gun, which shoots a beam of black light that adheres for several minutes, effectively blinding anyone hit by it.

Weaknesses: Tracks' vanity is his greatest foe. His combat abilities are impaired by his concern over marring his appearance. He often remains in his more vulnerable vehicular mode in conflict situations when wisdom dictates he revert to his robot mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Well, strictly by tech specs...Tracks has the speed, endurance, courage, and firepower advantage.

With that being said, the winner....Soundwave!!

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

True, tech specs point to Tracks, but I just don't see him beating Soundwave, especially if he rolls into battle with Rumble (the red one) and Frenzy (the blue one).

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    One on one I'd say Soundwave... but you never know when he whimps out !.

5. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Just for the record, Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage or any other of the casettes are NOT to be included in this fight. It is Soundwave and Tracks ONE on ONE!!!

I have a feeling Tracks would do much better than we as the fandom are going to give him credit for though (myself included)

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Logically, i'd say tracks. He'd do better than what the fandom's gonna give him credit for, that's for sure, but i can't help but lean towards soundwave in this.

It would be pretty easy to hide as a tape recorder somewhere, then jump out when Tracks least expects it. Plus, we all know that soundwave likes to hide and gather information, so i think the above strategy is entirely feasible and probable.

7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Noted. Though that does close it up a bit, odds-wise, I still think Soundwave would pull it off. Bombarding Tracks with noise and throwing off his equilibrium, making him dizzy, etc. Soundwave can duck a lazer blast, but I don't easily see Tracks dodging sound.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woohoo!! 1st to vote for Tracks!!!

I give it to him based on stats and he is a field warrior. Soundwave is used for intelligence.

9. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I actually almost wanted to take back my vote and join you in voting for Tracks but I just cant seem to do it...

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Tracks is much more formidable than I ever really gave him credit for... like Sunstreaker, a potent, skilled soldier with a big vanity problem.

On the other hand, Soundwave is elite. He may not be as quick as Tracks (though I'm fairly certain the "speed" rating refers to their alt-modes rather than their actual agility), or as tough (surprising), but I think he's got the intelligence, muscle and cunning to pull it off. The discrepancy in their firepower ratings is minor, but I feel that Soundwave's special abilities give him an edge of sorts.

I give it to Soundwave on the basis of his versatility and status, though I concede that it's a much closer fight than expected.

zmog

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Soundwave.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave is better than Tracks.

13. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Soundwave superior, Tracks inferior (but he is one of the best autobots)

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'm going with Tracks. He's got the specs advantage and is a warrior. He's also one of the few Autobots with flight capabilities and he's got heat seeking rockets, which would make it hard for Soundwave to get away from. Not to mention in a one on one fight, Soundwaves alt mode isn't that useful. Additionally since he can fly in vehicle mode and launch his weapons in vehicle mode, he can probably stay in vehicle mode for most of the fight, which I'm sure he'd love and be comfortable with. Soundwave on the other hand, would almost have to stay in robot mode for most of the fight. Additionally, one good hit from the Black Beam gun could leave Soundwave really off-center.

One of the aspects that the series played very loose was that Soundwaves alt mode of a walkman has no speakers, instead relying on a headset or whatever to get sound to the person. Really his alt mode shouldn't be able to project any sounds without an additional device. Not that it makes any difference or is an unconquerable plot hole, just pointing it out.

Don't get me wrong, Soundwave was my favorite Decepticon as a kid, but I think in a 1 on 1 fight, this goes to Tracks.

15. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Soundwave.

16. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

This one was really tough. I gave it to soundwave for the "intangibles" . I never pay any attention to tech specs or profiles because often they're hooey. I use mainly the comics and cartoon to form an overall picture. And tracks has never impressed me in those. Soundwave isn't exactly a warrior either, but it seems he has other tricks he might be able to take advantage of.

I think it would be an awkward fight either way.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I voted for Soundwave, only because he was my fav 'Con from G1.

18. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    I'm biased cause I just saw Auto Bop where Soundwave hands it to Blaster, mono-a-mono.

19. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Soundwave Superior!

[​IMG]

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I like Tracks Sound Wave is one of those cons who could fight with the best of them