[Region 4] Contest #5: Metroplex vs Ravage

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 15, 2009.

?

Contest #5: Metroplex vs Ravage

Poll closed Feb 16, 2009.
  1. Metroplex

71.2%
  2. Ravage

28.8%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    [Region 4] Contest #5: #1 Seed Metroplex vs #16 Seed Ravage

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), February 16th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

METROPLEX

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: BATTLE STATION

"Vigilance is the foundation upon which victories are built."

Profile: Possessed of startling versatility and staggering strength, Metroplex is the robot they depend on when all other options are exhausted. In battle, he is a mighty instrument of titanic destructive force, unwavering and ever-valiant in his attack. The very ground trembles when he unleashes the explosive energies of his weaponry. But despite his enormous power, Metroplex suffers from extreme modesty. In fact, he often berates himself for not being able to contribute more to the Autobot cause, a comment that never fails to mystify his comrades and even causes some to shake their heads and laugh at its absurdity. Metroplex's role usually prevents him from being in the front lines, a situation he finds frustrating, but one the other Autobots understand and accept completely. Their friendship and respect for him is clear evidence of that. And they all prefer Metroplex in his current role. Knowing he's backing them up is a constant source of reassurance. As one Autobot once said, "No matter what happens to the rest of us, the war's not over as long as Metroplex is there."

Abilities: In robot mode, Metroplex has enormous strength. He can lift 70,000 tons. His armor is the equal of any Transformer's; to merely scratch it would require at least a low-yield nuclear explosion. He has left shoulder-mounted twin high-energy MASER (microwave amplification through stimulated emission of radiation) cannons and a retractable omni-directional receiving and transmitting rod antenna in his right shoulder. His chest module contains a storage bay capable of holding a mid-size vehicle. In Autobot City mode, he has a helipad and ramps leading to the storage bay and various repair bays. Using a full complement of armatures, welders, presses, microsensors, gauges and spare parts, he's able to service up to four vehicles at any one time. His left rear tower transforms into a tank called Slammer. Metroplex can control Slammer for a maximum range of 40 miles. Slammer's cannon shoots explosive rocket-propelled mortar shells that have a 1.5-mile range. Scamper, the small sports car berthed within Metroplex, carries side-mounted electro-blasters that shoots streams of 20,000-volt electricity. In robot mode, Scamper uses a high-energy particle beam pistol. Scamper has a maximum speed of 150 mph and a range of 500 miles. Six-Gun, the small robot made literally of six guns and Metroplex's central tower, is a walking, talking artillery battery. In addition to the twin surface-to-air guided missile launchers he wears on his back, Six-Gun has ion-pulse rifles for arms and sometimes uses a seventh gun, a high-temperature acetylene pistol that can melt through most metals. Scamper and Six-Gun operate independently of Metroplex. Each has a mind of his own, although each essentially has a personality nearly identical to Metroplex and is mind-linked to him and each other.

Scamper tends to be more impulsive and gregarious, Six-Gun more belligerent. The three minds together can be considered units of a single, larger mind, although Metroplex's mind is clearly dominant. Metroplex mostly uses Scamper, Six-Gun, and Slammer to scout and defend his periphery, although occasionally he'll send one or more on short missions. Metroplex's final form, the mobile Battle Station, is a wheeled platform whose formidable firepower makes him virtually untouchable. In this mode, Metroplex can have up to 12 pieces of artillery blazing away simultaneously. In addition to the previously mentioned MASER cannons, ion-pulse rifles and missile launchers, he's equipped with twin independent mounted disruptor rays on top, capable of interfering with electric currents within a target's body; two laser lances; and two front-mounted anti-matter projectors, the most powerful of all his weapons, which are capable of producing and shooting minute packets of anti-matter that obliterate anything upon contact. Metroplex can also use all these weapons in his Autobot City mode.

Weaknesses: Metroplex's autonomous units - Scamper, Slammer, and Six-Gun - are all relatively vulnerable to attack as compared to Metroplex himself. In Battle Station mode, Metroplex is a rather slow-moving vehicle, making him an easy target, but his weaponry usually more than compensates for this. Using his anti-matter projectors, however briefly, is tremendously draining for Metroplex and can leave him nearly energyless.

RAVAGE

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    FUNCTION: SABOTEUR

"Today's Autobots are tomorrow's scrap metal."

Profile: Ravage operates best when he operates alone. He's a creature of the night and carries out most of his murderous mischief at that time. Often the other Decepticons have no idea where he is, but they know he's up to no good, so they don't mind. He is easily the craftiest of his comrades and is quick to devise deadly new strategies to be used against the Autobots. He tends to remain aloof from the others, but his deeds command their respect. He is an exceptionally efficient war machine.

Abilities: Ravage can hide his presence from others virtually completely. He can shield any electromagnetic radiation inside him from being detected by any monitoring devices. His walk is soundless. And he can disappear from sight in subdued light or shadows. He has his own monitoring devices in his nose module that give him a superior sense of smell, hearing and full-spectrum electromagnetic wave detection. He carries two low-radiation 1 megaton proton bombs, which he can fire over 3 miles distant or set in place with a timer.

Weaknesses: He is very sensitive to light and can be blinded by too much of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I figured since some people said they dont get as much of a chance to check this out over the weekend that it would be a good time to get the last blow-outs out of the way.

Don't worry I believe we have 3 excellent contests coming up to round off the 1st Round here on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So, be patient if this matchup doesnt thrill you...

and then the discussion can begin about who was left out and who was included etc. I am sure some of you could guess of few of the bots that will be a part of the last 3 contests!!!

3. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One foot and bam!!! Flat robocat.

4. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Yet you voted for Wheelie over Bruticus lol (sorry couldnt resist)

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ravage could sneak inside Metroplex in city mode and blow up his brain. I mean, Scourge sneaked in and stole his eyes, and Swindle was able to sneak in and steal his transforming cog, so the master of stealth should have no problem getting in there.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

Metroplex.

7. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I have to say Ravage has a small chance here. He could sneak in and do some serious damage to Metroplex's innards, and then is stealthy, smart, and quick enough to dodge most of Metroplex's attacks(or hide from him). When Metroplex uses his energy up, Ravage goes in for the kill. If he gets hit though, it's roasted metal kitty for lunch. I'm voting Ravage! lol

8. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Im not sure 100% on this. If Metroplex hits him, no doubt Ravage is a goner. But like has been suggested, bigger less stealthy bots have gotten inside and caused damage. And Ravage isn't going to let this be a shoot out, but prefer to take his chances and get close to get inside to do the damage. If Ravage is close, surely Metroplex wont launch the full artillery as he would suffer damage also.
    Im gonna go crazy and vote Ravage. Its Sunday arvo here, so havin a few beers and he looks like that 1:1000 odd horse that is worth puttin a dollar on

JL

9. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

You ever tried to catch a cat with your bare hands let alone stomp on it? It ain't happenin'. Believe me I speak from experience as I've had a rivalry with one of my wife's cats for quite some time. Metroplex "squishing" Ravage is out. Now sure I could bring in some BFG's and blow my house apart but most likely the little a-hole will run and hide and or disappear. I'm gonna go with the same thought process on this one. Ravage evades squishing and BFG's and stealthily infiltrates "the city". Metroplex goes down as the world's biggest litterbox.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Based purely on this sad history of bad cartoon writing, I'd say Metroplex has no chance at all. :) 

But then, cartoon Ravage wasn't exactly a brilliant mastermind either... not till Beast Wars at least.

Setting aside disturbing images of you trying to squish your wife's cat, based on size differentials here, wouldn't this be more like a human squishing a small cockroach? Sure it's fast, but in the open, you'll still squish it fairly easily just because you have a tremendous size advantage. Those who favour the underdog often make the case for those "big clumsy giant guys" not being able to catch the little guy... but y'know, reach and surface area can actually be pretty serious equalizers! :) 

However, I'm kind of uncertain about this one. Sure, if ANY Decepticon is going to have the stealth, the intelligence, the skill and the know-how to sabotage Metroplex, it would be Ravage. He really is the type to pull an upset out of this.

On the other hand, assuming that this fight comes unannounced, and both combatants are dropped in the middle of a desert together and told to kill one another... I don't rate Ravage's chances very high. Metroplex has so much firepower, there's really not many places for Ravage to hide... especially with Scamper, Slammer and Sixgun to flush him out (I believe this is a case when these peripheral bots may be considered to be "parts" of Metroplex).

Ravage's only chance is stealth... he could probably avoid discovery almost indefinitely, but the chances of him effecting an infiltration of Metroplex's most vulnerable areas during a full alert are slim. It IS within his capacity, but the odds are still against him.

So based on that, I have to give it to Metroplex... sadly, as I've always loved Ravage, and frankly, he probably should have been seeded higher in his region. I would easily rate him higher than Cliffjumper, Wheelie or Hound for example... though of course I doubt he would have prevailed where they failed.

zmog

11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

But you don't even need the foot. We all know how flat G1 ravage was...:rolleyes:  Well, the toy, at any rate.

Metroplex For The Win.

I agree that Slammer, Scamper and Sixgun are parts of Metroplex. Because Metrpolex is still fighting, he just lost some parts, whereas a combiner would be useless once they split. So, Sixgun, Scamper and Slammer are parts of metroplex. They don't make Metroplex, they are part of Metroplex. Get it?

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Ravage uses his god powers to obliterate Metroplex.

13. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I actually voted for ravage. Here's why:

The size differential is SO big. Imagine if ravage transformed into a tape! Metroplex probably can't even see ravage, especially with his stealth. And like others have said, Ravage could literally get inside Metroplex and do whatever he wanted.

It's like a person trying to fight a bacteria with hand gun. It's just not going to work.

I think having one city-former in here is a mistake. I would've preferred Skylynx as the #1 seed. It would be more interesting.

14. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I can't really see Ravage managing to sneak inside Metroplex if Metro was aware of a fight to the finish taking place. Ravage's only advantage is stealth, which is useless when the enemy already knows you're there. Ravage could run and hide, but with Metro's array of weapons he jcould just start flattening everything he see's till Ravage runs out of hiding places.

15. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Metroplex, I mean come on, he's a city.

16. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with the Ravage crowd. The size difference is just so huge that while an Optimus sized bot would easily get destroyed, Ravage could sneak in and destroy Metroplex from within. Unless of course Metroplex turns all his internal lights way up...

17. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

For the first time in the history of these contests, I'm voting for an Autobot.

No, seriously, it's pretty hard for a Decepticon of that size to beat an Autobot the size of a city.

18. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Skylynx was not eligible because I am pretty sure he did not appear in the cartoon until after the movie. Someone correct me please if I am wrong on this. All the number 1 and 2 seeds were city-formers/combiners. I dont see why Metroplex should not be involved. (Omega Supreme, Predaking, Superion, Defensor, Bruticus, Menasor, and Devastator are the others)

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Metroplex

20. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    I agree with the others on Ravage. He could probably get inside him and do some nasty internal damage, That and I just like Ravage.