[Region 4] Contest #3: Galvatron vs Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 13, 2009.

?

Contest #3: Galvatron vs Cliffjumper

Poll closed Feb 14, 2009.
  1. Galvatron

87.3%
  2. Cliffjumper

12.7%
  1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Honestly, I don't even think Cliffjumper's vaunted speed and agility would give him much of an edge here. Galvatron is not a lumbering Combiner... this would end VERY QUICKLY.

As someone mentioned, this could start out like Hot Rod vs Galvatron, except Hot Rod is a LOT better than Cliffjumper. Wow... except for a couple of spikes, Cliffjumper's stats really suck, don't they?

There is some debate about Galvatron's power levels though. He used to be able to draw on limitless cosmic power from Unicron... but that tie was severed after the movie. Basing our assessment on the Season 3 incarnation of Galvatron, do we have any reason to treat him as being any more powerful than Megatron (which is already plenty powerful!) ?

I also know that Galvatron in the UK comics was a virtual demigod... but I don't recall the reasoning for this. Any of you UK guys fill us in? Why was Galvatron so powered-up in those comics?

zmog

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    This is the guys who iced Starscream, CJ would not last a nanoclick

3. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    See, now, this is a shame because I think Cliffjumper is the mini bot with the chops and the right mix of powers to last a few rounds. Alas his very first contest is against the devil in robot form.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    long range with cliffy's huge gun bloes galvatron's head clean off....as long as he can aim this time cliffy could take him lol

5. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

SMOG:

I'm not from the UK, but I have all the comics and there's really not an "explanation". Unicron just creates badasses. Even cyclonus and scourge were super powerful, but as you said, Galvatron was incredible. Perhaps Omega supreme could've stood up against him, but that's it.

Fortunately, for the cliffjumper match-up, you can pick any versin of each, and galvatron would still dominate utterly.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, Cliffjumper... my vote's on Galvatron.

7. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    How many of you actually wanted to vote for cliffjumper??

brr-icy, macabremouse, Rodimus Major, SMOG, Tacitron, Treadshot A1, twnb, Xhairs

Treadshot I know you said yours was a mistake and I assume SMOG yours was a mistake as well??

For anyone who wanted to vote for Cliffjumper can you PLEASE explain how Cliffy could win this one??? Cliffjumpers #1 trait is his speed and Galvatron is FASTER than him!!

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

GAAAAH???

How did I vote for Cliffjumper??? Are we sure the polling code isn't buggy? I'm for Galvatron all the way.

HAXX!!! :lol 

Agreed. I couldn't remember if Unicron figured into the Marvel UK Galvatron's origin. All I knew for sure was that he was a time-traveling future-version of Megatron with a severe BEING INSANE problem. :) 

zmog

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Disclaimers rock.

Barring myself and SMOG, there were 6?! Holy f***?! At least give us some scenario?

The only way i can think of cliffy surviving is if the battle started with galvy in unicron's digestive chamber and Cliffy on earth/cybertron/other planet. And that's not gonna happen anytime soon, i don't think.

Smart guy with a FREAKIN POWERFUL CANNON vs a minibot. Not the same as a slow (to some of us, dumb as well) combiner vs flying, pretty acurate with it's guns, bird.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Galvy blows him to bits.

11. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    This is the one thing that has bugged me so far...I am referring to people casting seemingly ridiculous votes and then not taking the time (maybe they are cowards) to explain why they voted the way they did. I have no problem with someone voting either way as long as they can BACK IT UP with some scenario or something.

Seems to me people just like to vote for the one they know will lose for some immature childish reason...

So, one more time you SIX give us an explanation, or I forever deem you

brr-icy, macabremouse, Rodimus Major, Tacitron, twnb, Xhairs

COWARDS!

12. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    going on nothing but a gut feeling and vauge memories from my late teenage years, I'm pretty sure the UK Galvatron was from an alternate future where Unicron was not destroyed by the matrix, and that's how he maintained his god-like power levels in the comics. I'm not from the UK, never got the whole story, but for some reason this sticks out as the reasoning behind your question.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Galvatron.

Darn you!

14. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cliffy might be able to take a seeker on a good day, but there are few transformers that could go a whole round with Galvy, let alone win

JL

15. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    Oh no, a member of a transformers fanboard is calling me a coward. No, please stop.

Perhaps I'm just to bored with the contest to post another reply. Use any one of my former replies from when I voted for another hopeless cause. They still apply.

16. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

No real reason for galvys over powered status was ever given but I think 95% of time galvatron was around unicron was alive, so unicrons power suped up galvatron maybe? As I recall only time he though anyone after unicron was destoryed was on earth against fort max and he lost so.

Any way in this fight, it goes to galvatron no question.

Anyway for the record TF's that can and have beaten the transformer demi god

Rodimus Prime
    Optimus Prime
    Ultra Magnus
    Fortress Maximus

Out side of combiners and citybots* 4 of the most powerful autobots ever so I can see galvatron going a long way in this, with maybe skylynx and Omega Supreme standing a chance at the win.

* I know fort max really is a citybot but if you didn't know they made him much much smaller in the comics for some stupid reason.

17. Tacitron

Ebay:
    Okay, I thought of one anyway. Know how Galvatron built an ultimate death ray in the UK comics? So, Cliffjumper sneaks up on him while Galvatron is inside the barrel making some minor adjustments and BLAM! Cliffjumper activates the death ray, blowing Galvatron into a million tiny pieces. Cliffjumper then takes each piece of Galvatron and sends each through a space bridge to different locations.

18. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I hope you didnt take offense to my 'coward' comment. I was not seriously calling you a coward I was just playfully teasing...

This scenario makes it seem like Galvatron was not informed that there was a fight going on. In these contests, both bots would be well aware that a fight to the death was going on between them. Your scenario seems to depict Galvatron going about his everyday business with no knowledge that Cliffjumper was out to kill him...

However, I do appreciate the explanation, and I can see how this would be plausible. I guess I just dont see it likely.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Although I see the possibility that Clifjummper might be able to stay alive long enough to annoy Galvatron a bit....Galvatron ultimately wins

20. Tacitron

Ebay:
    No worries.

In further defense of my assertion, perhaps Galvatron thought the challenge presented by Cliffjumper was so laughable as not to merit even paying attention to him. And Galvatron is renowned for being a bit unstable....