Region 2 DVDs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shockscream, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I've reached the end of the G1 cartoon series and have acquired the boxset of the Japanese series (Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, Victory). I know that Beast Machines is available in the UK on DVD, too.

So, my question is this: Are the other series available on Region 2 UK DVD?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    RiD is available in complete form in the UK.

Select episodes of the Unicron triliogy but no complete boxeset of the series', and no boxset of any Beast Wars episodes.

Animated is being released very slowly in volumes.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I don't suppose that there are plans in the works for releases as boxsets for the series are there?

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    As far as i've been able to find out the Unicron series will never be fully available as a complete boxset, same goes for Beast Wars in the UK (Region 2)

Animated may eventualy end up as a complete boxset even in the form of individual series but don't expect it any time soon as seperate volumes are planned for a while to hopefully cover all 3 seasons but there is a huge chance all 3 won't be covered, and it will be same as Armada - volumes will just stop once the series stops airing in the states.

I suppose we should be grateful as we have the Takara triligoy available to us in complete boxsets and RiD, something places like America (Region 1) don't have.

All you and I can do is either get a region free DVD player, or use VLC media player on our PC's and just buy the boxsets from the states for Animated, the Unicron trilogy and Beast Wars.

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    TFA has been really badly handled for us guys, same as BW. The 2 BM sets are really nice though.

If you can go for R1 sets.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I suppose the best question is, is where can we buy these dvds for a great price that won't rape us on shipping costs?

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Play.com has Animated volumes 2,3 and 4 down as being released on the 15th June 2009, so that's something. Kinda.

8. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would suggest getting a recent Philips DVD player and go to Video Help.com . You'll find a six digit code to alter your DVD player's region.

This is how I am watching the G1 Madman boxed set. You'll be able watch any TF DVD, whether it be from USA, Australia, or anywhere else.