[Region 2] Contest #7: Predaking vs Frenzy

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 1, 2009.

?

Contest #7: Predaking vs Frenzy

Poll closed Feb 2, 2009.
  1. Predaking

81.5%
  2. Frenzy

18.5%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    [Region 2] Contest #7: #1 Seed Predaking vs #16 Seed Frenzy

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), February 2nd, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Predaking is the ferocious fusion of all five of the Predacons: Divebomb, Headstrong, Rampage, Tantrum, and team leader Razorclaw. Predaking is highly unusual, perhaps even unique, among combiners by the successful fusion of each of his component elements' physical abilities and personalities. Most others of his kind are rendered stupid, suggestible, or borderline insane by the merging of minds, but the five Predacons are united by their shared love of the hunt, and produce a single complete persona. Between his physical prowess, unexpected mental acuity, and animalistic, almost instinct-fast hunting actions, Predaking is one of the most dangerous and intimidating weapons ever added to the Decepticon ranks. As a weapon he is without equal; as a warrior he is without restraint. He can lift one million tons without straining a circuit. When Predaking is on your trail, all hope is lost.

Unless your name is Sky Lynx.

Frenzy

For Frenzy it's not about any "Decepticon cause," it's not about any quantifiable cause, or goal, or purpose at all. It's about violence, fear, destruction, and mayhem. Frenzy lives to fight. He lusts to destroy with an intensity that borders on insanity. War is his fuel, his oxygen. Despite his small stature he'll lead a charge into battle against robots many times his size, screaming for destruction with every microchip of his being. This single-minded obsession makes him a hard bot to associate with personally, but a frightening asset on the battlefield. His partner and brother, Rumble, is only too eager to back him up.

Frenzy's manic attack style and his "battle cry" (a sonic attack produced by special drums in his torso that can severely disrupt electrical flows, resulting in all sorts of mechanical malfunctions and balance issues) make him difficult to get close to in combat, but cool and measured reaction to his wild ragings is usually the most effective strategy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Ok, I know this is lopsided so please dont waste space on this thread talking about how pointless this is again and again which therefore makes me again have to explain how tournaments work etc.

That being said. Let's just get through this matchup and look forward to the final matchup of Region 2 tomorrow. A matchup I actually cant wait to see how you all vote on.

As for this matchup, anyone who votes for Frenzy better have the balls to at least post on here their reasoning...

3. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

predaking, enough said, nothing else needs to be said. :-\

4. AMG

AMG Old School

Predaking wins, without effort.

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Going by the 'wind him up and watch him go' description in teh ultimate guide, i would say Frenzy would just charge in there, without realizing Predaking would crush him in two secs flat.

So, Predaking wins. 'Nuff said.

6. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

uhh...thats not frenzy. frenzy is RED :lol 

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frenzy COULD win. He's so small Predaking might have a hard time finding him, and Frenzy can sneak up to Predaking's ear and fry his brain with a point-blank sonic blast.

I mean, if The Atom could kill Darkseid that one time.....

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I am actually going to vote for frenzy, I don't think I've ever seen predaking win a single fight, he is all hype no fight and I think frenzys battle cry would actually damage predaking quite badly while frenzy is small enough to avoid predakings weapons. I just can not rate predaking against a weapon like frenzy.

I know I'm backing the losing side here cos predaking is stupidly popular but I think logically I've picked the right tf

9. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

It's one thing to fight someone who's big and stupid. It's another thing to fight someone big and mean who actually has their crap together. PK for the Ko!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    sorry frenzy but predaking......he';s almost invincble.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Predaking

12. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Predaking. Frenzy stands not a chance. NOT. A CHANCE.

13. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Predaking owns.

14. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I thought.

15. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Actually, no Frenzy was always supposed to be the Blue Cassette. The original Frenzy toy was blue and the only reason sometimes he is red is because of animation/color errors by the animators for G1.

Check the Tech-Spec in the first post and the toy catalog in this post. Frenzy is clearly the BLUE transformer. (I went with the color the toy was and the color the bot was supposed to be not the cartoonists errors)

"The debate revolves around the colors of the Decepticon Mini-Cassettes, Rumble and Frenzy. It was Hasbro's intent that Rumble be black and red, and Frenzy be two shades of blue. These color schemes are used in the toyline, Marvel Comics and many storybooks and ancillary media from the early years of Generation 1, and naturally, it was intended for the cartoon series to render the characters in this manner as well (as proven by the show's production bible, which identifies Rumble as the "red robot"). However, as a result of some unspecified error somewhere in production, the two robots had their color schemes swapped, leaving the animated incarnation of Rumble blue, and Frenzy red."

[​IMG]

16. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

That is actually a very valid and good debatable piece of scenerio you have there. I've gotta agree now that Frenzy would stand a chance if this were to happen, but the real question now is would he be able to not just sneak up to Predaking but also climb up him all the way up to his face to do that?

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    frenzy splits the ground, predaking falls in, game over lol

18. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Predaking will make it pretty far in this competition I believe, but it will come to a sudden halt when Fortress Maximus is introduced :D 

Predaking FTW! Frenzy has not a clue!

19. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Seriously, what the hell? Why even make this a matchup? Everyone knows Frenzy would win.

:D 

20. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

OptimusSolo:
    Ok, I know this is lopsided so please dont waste space on this thread talking about how pointless this is again and again which therefore makes me again have to explain how tournaments work etc.