[Region 2] Contest #6: Rodimus Prime vs Gears

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 31, 2009.

?

Contest #6: Rodimus Prime vs Gears

Poll closed Feb 1, 2009.
  1. Rodimus Prime

76.9%
  2. Gears

23.1%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    [Region 2] Contest #6: #3 Seed Rodimus Prime vs #14 Seed Gears

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), February 1st, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hot Rod is brash and headstrong, with an overwhelming self-confidence that borders on arrogance. Kup has assumed the role of mentor and advisor to the impetuous young Hot Rod, offering him wisdom and advice when he needs it (though Hot Rod rarely feels that he does, much to Kup's annoyance). Arcee also serves as a calming influence on Hot Rod, and tends to either worry about him when he is not around, or deride and tease him when he is. Their relationship is antagonistic, but friendly. Exactly how deep Hot Rod's feelings for Arcee might run is unknown, whether they be friendly, romantic, or otherwise.

In contrast, his Rodimus Prime persona - while still headstrong and stubborn - seems to suffer from a severe lack of confidence, often doubting his own decisions and expressing distress over his position as an Autobot leader. Of course, much of this comes from having immediately succeeded Optimus Prime as commander—and let's face it, shoes-to-be-filled just don't get much bigger than that.

One thing that both sides of this Autobot's identity have in common is their impatience - neither Hot Rod nor Rodimus Prime can stand to wait around when they could be doing something instead. He is also very self-reliant, rarely sending others to do anything when he could be doing it himself.

Gears hates Earth, a lush, green planet practically as unlike his cozy, gray, metallic homeworld as possible. He grumbles and complains about being shipwrecked on it—complains and grumbles to a ridiculous extent, until he becomes a source of amusement, rather than negativity. This is usually his intent—unlike his fellow Mini Vehicle Huffer, Gears has a desire to help his fellow Autobots see good in a bad situation. Still, he does get depressed from time to time.

Gears is strong and tough, not so much in lifting but in endurance, and carrying heavy loads with little effort, be they energon cubes, disabled Autobots, or potatoes for the farmers' market. He is fitted with infrared vision sensors.

In robot mode, Gears can release controlled bursts of compressed air from his feet, launching himself to altitudes over 100,000 feet, and floating back down. In doing so, he must be careful not to lose air pressure before coming close enough to the ground for a safe landing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I know this is a pretty lopsided contest...but again this is the nature of the tournament format that we are using. What I will say is that in this second region that we have been working on this week we have this bad matchup and one other real bad matchup to get through over the weekend.

BUT, after these two mismatches I am very excited for the Monday matchup which may (in my opinion) be one of the best matchups we have seen in the tournament!! It pits the 6th seed against the 11th seed in what I believe could give us the first real upset of the tournament.

As for this matchup, can anyone dream up a scenario in which Gears wins. I sure cant seem to!

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lopsided shmopsided.... I'm voting Gears for the upset. Every NCAA has a big upset and this will be mine. Gears wins! Gears wins!! The minibot did it! Gears wins!!

I like both characters but right now I'm liking Gears more. I just think his character was funny. He'd always make laugh as a kid. He still brings a smile to my face.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Roddy.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    No competion, I wouldent even go and watch the fight for free because it would end in 2 sec with gears crushed.

6. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

He's got the touch. He's got the power....RP for the win.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

RP for the win, I can't come up with any way for gears to win this... unless maybe he got an Optimus costum on and RP emo'ed himself in to losing.

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Rodimus Prime.

9. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I'd have to go with Rodimus on this one as well. He's too strong, fast, and he's got the matrix, which gives him an added bonus/boost. Gears is just too weak for him. Rodimus would beat Gears in either mode, Hot Rod or Prime.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Rodimus Prime wins this one without any problems.

11. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Gears going for the under dog plus gears would complain so much he would win

12. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Winner = Rodimus Prime

Can't stand Gears to begin with.

13. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Gears. :)  He's the badass of the two. XD

14. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

Oh how I wanted to vote for Gears, but even the faggity Rodimus that hangs out w/Kup, Wheelie and Blurr, would kick his can.

15. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Man I thought this would be the most lopsided contest to date.

Guess I was wrong!

How is Gears getting more votes than Rumble, Brawn, Inferno, Scourge, Hoist and Powerglide...do people just dislike Rodimus that much??

16. AMG

AMG Old School

Not me, but many people do.

17. LifePincher

LifePincher BBTS is the SOURCE!

I hate Rodimus because he's the gay version of Optimus Prime! I'm almost tempted to buy a Junker G1 version and make a video of him melting over a flame with Wheelie, Kup, Blurr and WreckGar along side of him!!
    :puke2: Rodimus

18. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    I never minded Rodimus much although I will say that his toy is one of the worst G1 toys there is. It doesnt even look like Rodimus. (Kups and Blurs are equally as bad)

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Wouldn't a guy version f Op be more like shatterglass, the same guy but in fruityer colors?

As for the second part, dude its your time and money.

20. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

Rodimus in about 3 seconds, he'd raise his arms and shoot is hand lasers and just blast the bejesus out of Gears. I always actually liked Rodimus, not that I'm such a fan boy that I would vote for him even in a battle you'd know he'd lose in.