[Region 2] Contest #3: Superion vs Powerglide

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Contest #3: Superion vs Powerglide

Poll closed Jan 29, 2009.
  1. Superion

88.0%
  2. Powerglide

12.0%
  1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    [Region 2] Contest #3: #2 Seed Superion vs #15 Seed Powerglide

Voting ends at 12:01 am(CT), January 29th, 2009.

BRACKET LINK:
    http://www.geocities.com/cartoonsshowdown/ttourny2.mht

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Superion is the combined form of the Aerialbots:

Silverbolt
    Air Raid
    Fireflight
    Skydive
    Slingshot

In his combined form, his thought capacity is reduced to two things: destroy the Decepticons, and protect the humans. Because of this, he sometimes has difficulty adapting to new situations.

In all continuities he is depicted as being the chief rival and equal of Menasor. However, this makes more poetic than literal sense, as the real-life scale difference between their component vehicle parts would suggest a rather drastic disparity in actual stature.

Powerglide, unlike most Autobots, can fly under his own power, and it goes straight to his pointy head. Give him any excuse and awaa-aa-aay he goes, dashing off into the stratosphere at 500 mph—but not in a straight line. No, Powerglide is an aerial acrobat, able to perform stunts other Transformer planes would never dream of. Barrel rolls, tail stands, death spirals, screaming 3200-mph powerdives: none of these are too tough for this Autobot barnstormer, and if he has an audience, be they friendly or enemy, he is guaranteed to put on the air show of their lives.

Yet this seeming frivolity has saved his life countless times in combat. Powerglide is lightly armed with small concussion bombs and a nose-mounted thermal beam, and the former is practically useless in the air. Furthermore, his speed and power, impressive as they are, are vastly outclassed by most aerial Decepticons. Like the flying aces of World War I, Powerglide resorts to dogfighting maneuvers, using his flying skills to confuse and evade the enemy. This tactic works very well.

In fact, Powerglide's skill only aggravates his greatest weakness. He is good, and he knows it, and he misses no chance to show it. If this means he will seek out ever tougher foes to prove his mettle—then he'll do that, even if it kills him. Some day, it might.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    IMO this is the best 2-15 matchup of the tournament. In fact as strange as this sounds I think the 15 seed in this case actually has a chance for a major upset.

Let me explain my scenario...

Superion is programmed to protect humans and destroy decepticons (not autobots) but this could be used all the time, so I am not putting too much stock in this alone.

However, he has major difficulty adapting to new situations (AKA Powerglide's crazy flying ability and being an autobot)

Poweglide can do things that none of the Aerialbots could even come close to. I say he uses all of these death spirals and barrel rolls to make it literally impossible for Superion to hit him. I believe Powerglide uses these dogfighting skills to pick apart Superion piece by piece and none of the individual components can match him in the air.

First Major Upset to....POWERGLIDE. Better Skill, Speed and Intelligence!! (And I didnt even like him in the series lol)

3. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    Hate Plague infected Superion would eat Powerglide and wipe his rear w/ his cyber-intrails.

But since he's not infected they'd never fight because they are both autobots and they are both sworn to protect life including each other.

However Superion would swat Powerglide like a knat, or They take him out by Seperating into the individual components. Slingshot by himself could take out Powerglide.

4. Spoon

Spoon Banned

1 jet v. 5.

Hmmmm.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    another fight that is aboslutely unfair, Superions programing has imo nothing to do with this, Then everytime a decepticon is going vs a autobot everyone can just imagine thousends of humans in the fight and the autobot would sacrifice himself protecting them and the decepticon would always win because the autobot would only care to protect the humans.

Superion would rip Powerglide to shreeds, without straining a circut, SUperions is STRONGER, BIGGER, FASTER, powerglide would be like a fly on a elephant.

This is the same as the Menasor fight. Totaly unfair for the little guy

6. transformers32

transformers32 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    poor powerglide. doesnt even have a chance....

7. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Superion wins for obvious reasons.

8. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

seriously? a minibot vs a combiner? :lol 

i cant wait for fucked up versus poll: wheelie vs unicron :lolol 

9. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

*cough*Wheelie would so win...*cough* What... >>;

Anyway... I have a feeling that Superion would come out the victor in this particular scenario. Although, the size difference, and speed might end up being an advantage on Powerglide's part. He'd be small enough to manuver better, and find a weakness, maybe.

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

New contest:
    MEGATRON

AGAINST

DANIEL WITWICKY

Truly the battle of the century, no?

11. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    Actually Powerglide is faster, WAY faster.

Superion does not adapt well to situations like this - He is not innovative at all and has limited mental capabilities. I am still going with the upset here.

Also, once the jets are broken into 5 Powerglide has won because Superion no longer exists. Plus even if we allowed the individual 5 jets to continue the fight. That is playing right into Powerglides hand. He would easily take them out with his speed and intelligence and superior flying ability.

And for those of you complaining about the matchups - if you dont like them you can always ignore them - its not going to change alot in the first round - for the umpteenth time - that is how this style of tournament works. Are you guys completely unfamiliar with NCAA style tournaments. It was the 15 seed vs the 2 seed what did you expect - Megatron vs Optimus lmao. Obviously it was going to be similar to the last 15/2 seed this should not have come as a surprise!!

12. OptimusSolo

News Credits:
    You already made one post like this, more than one is not necessary we all understand your point and your opinion on this...

You all are right though - This year Duke and UConn should face each other in the first round to ensure a good matchup. Who cares if that means one of the best teams in the country doesnt even make it to the second round. I would much rather see a Championship game between Duke and Hofstra than Duke and Uconn...

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    In season 3, Superion was the Autobot enforcer practically. He beat on everyone, Quints, cons, gestalts, etc. He shot down Sweeps in space from fantastic distances. Seriously, anytime the Autobots needed firepower, Superion was the solution, and he was used a lot.

Powerglide can't win on the basis that he can't hurt Superion at all, with anything, but all Superion needs is a single hit and Powerglide is scrap.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how some of these match ups are just so bias is not funny at least with War Path VS Menasor their was a slim chance given how epicly retarded Menasor is But Superion is cold ass logical and knows how to fight.

really I don't even think Power Glide could even heart Superion even if he just stood still

15. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    If there was a pic of Universe Powerglide I would be inclined to vote for him, but Superion takes it.

16. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

yeah i've been for the underdog all along, but man Powerglide doesn't stand a chance.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

And the winner is... SUPERION!!!

18. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    It's only a fleshwound

Superion rips Powerglide's arms and legs off

PG: "Alright, we'll call it a draw."

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    flea versus fumigators victor flea!

20. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Superion wins with firepower and is of the autobot combiners the one that is best for fighting.

How in the world can you belive Powerglide can take out the 5 Airialbot jets individually is beyod me. Powerglide is NO Sixshoot.

Powerglide dont even have the firepower to dent Superions Armor so he would never be able to separate them.