Region 2 Beast Wars/Machines DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tomboland, May 2, 2009.

1. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im looking for Beast Wars and Beast Machines n Region 2 DVD. Preferably in a box set, can anyone help?

2. walruslaw

walruslaw video archivist

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    beast machines has been released in 2 box sets in the uk in region 2 format which retailers like play,hmv and amazon have however beast wars has only had a few single dvds for it no full series has been released. the only region 2 release i know of is the japanese sets which have both the japanese and english audio. There are a few problems getting the jap sets first being the cost which is very expensive with half season sets coming in at over £100. Another problem is availibility the only places iv found these sets is on yahoo auctions and amazon.jp. If you can play import dvds tho sets are availible cheaper from america and austrailia.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Beast Machines seasons 1 & 2 are all over places like Amazon, Play.com etc

Beast Wars never got a region 2 release.

4. tomboland

News Credits:
    thats stupid! SHOW R2 SOME LOVE FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!

5. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Its just like how USA didnt get RiD DVDs but we did. Swings and roundabouts

6. tomboland

News Credits:
    ye but RID sucked!!!!!!! i would much rather have BW!!!!!!!!

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Bug whoever deals with the Beast Wars releases over here I guess.

8. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Machines is cheap over here. Unless you want to fork out £75 for Beast Wars you may want to examine another option than DVD`s

9. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    tomboland, I sort of have a solution for you. Here is a link to the Philips DVD players on Newegg.com. I highly recommend picking one the two up.

Then go here to Videohelp.com. You'll find a quick six step process to make your DVD player region free.

I have a Philips DVD player also, the DVP 5140, and it is because of this simple code you can enter I can now watch the Madman DVD set even though I'm in Region 1.

10. tomboland

News Credits:
    i already have a region free dvd player, i just dont want to get a Region 1 copy unless absolutely necessary

11. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Region one sets will most likely be your best (and only option!) I got a bit of software for my LG DVD player from dvdcodes.net that made it region free. I've worn out my BW VHS tapes, so happily plumped for the R1 sets. The packaging is quite dull, but there are some good interviews with Bob Forward and Larry Ditillo on the first set. They're still relatively cheap, and you should be able to pick up the whole lot for under £40.

As far as i know, Universal still hold the rights for this series, so it'd be down to them to get it out in the UK. The R2 sets (all two of them) that they put out only cover the end of season 2 and just over half of season 3 anyway, so they are by no means complete.

i am hopeful we will get a R2 set at some point though. I am sure someone will cash in on Revenge Of The Fallen and release something else with the Transformers name on it. If we are likely to see a release, it would surely be around the time of any movie release when awareness of TFs will be at its peak. So long as we don't get yet another reissue of RiD!

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was always a bit surprised that we didn't get any releases during the last Bay movie apart from Beast Machines making a showing. I guess the others were caught out not expecting the movie to be so big. Maybe this time they'll have enough insight to take advantage of the huge free TF name advertising of the movie, although I don't see anything in upcoming UK DVD release listings (not including TF:Animated stuff). Surely this would be the best ever time to pimp out all those TF shows that haven't been put to disc here yet.
    I saw in a shop yesterday that the Star Trek movies have all been put out again and the original series too. At least Star Trek knows how to cash in on itself.