Regeneration true ending for the Marvel Comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by TFFan01, Aug 20, 2016.

?

Generation 2 or Regeneration 1

1. Generation 2

73.2%
  2. Regeneration 1

26.8%
  1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you consider Regeneration one to be the true ending for the Marvel Comics? I personally don't because It ignores Generation 2 and G.I Joe takes place in the same universe as the Marvel Transformers and it holds Generation 2 as the true continuation.

Also Facebook Ask Vector Prime said Regeneration One takes place in a divergent universe.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GoLion

GoLion Returning to lurker.

News Credits:
    Bass XO gave the best and truest answer. Personally, I view G2 as the true ending to G1 that gave rise to Beast Wars.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Even Rhythms of Darkness took place in a possible alternate future. I would like to see a story focusing on how the Rhythms of Darkness timeline came to be different from the main Marvel US timeline. And thats if we don't talk about the Marvel UK comics which had several of its own possible alternate future timelines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lucas35

Lucas35 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    G2 was the end of Marvel US and Regeneration One was the end of Marvel UK. At least that's how I view it.

7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Regeneration One has nothing to do with Marvel UK and Furman went out of his way to use Wreckers in RG1 who have previously died in Marvel UK.

8. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

I view issue 80 of the original run as the true end. Simon Furman's short story makes for a decent denouement. Everything else has such a different feel that it is hard to consider them as the true endings.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Bingo.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's been a while since I read the UK comics. Who had died that was in ReGen? We saw a ton of bots die in the comics only to be rebuilt and reactivated many times. Were they killed in such a way as to not be rebuilt?

Part of my reason for doing it that way was the inclusion of the Wreckers, and the mech suits the humans had. Plus, Auntie. Those were all elements from the UK stories that weren't in the US.

11. AutobotMegatron

AutobotMegatron Power-Master

Generation 2 IMO corrected a lot of the character arcs and faults of G1 and left a good opening to be continued in Beast Wars.

Regeneration just took everything good about G1 and G2, murdered it, and then violated the corpse.

12. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Even if you could look past the fact that dead characters had been resurrected, the main other continuity hiccup was that Regeneration One purported to show the first ever meeting between Galvatron and Ultra Magnus.

If the UK books had been taken into account, then Ultra Magnus should have been well aware who Galvatron was, from their previous meetings in Target: 2006, Vicious Circle, Salvage, Time Wars and so forth.

By the way, Auntie/Aunty was in the US Marvel comics, and was mentioned in the very first issue.

My own personal view (for what it's worth) is that the G2 comics are pretty good, whereas I couldn't really get on with RG1 at all (especially that Scorponok arc). Whilst from an intellectual standpoint I'd have to admit that both are equally valid, If I had to pick one over the other, it'd be G2 every time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G2 was much better written and Megatron was even similar in portrayal to his Combiner Wars self.

The only good things about Regeneration were Rodimus Prime and the badassery of Blurr

14. unicron1986

unicron1986 Well-Known Member

Well people are always going to be divided on this issue,in my personal opinion G2 was the best because it came right after marvel G1 and it was of course marvel comics,the only problem with G2 was the terrible art,RG1 came 21 years too late but I still added it to my collection.

15. Thonor

Thonor Autosmot

Totally agree. Both Generation 2 and Regeneration One don't belong in the original continuity in my eyes. I consider them more offshoots than canon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Marvel's had at 4 different endings between G2, Regen, Classics, Another Time and Place...you'#re ending is the one you like the most.

I think Regen ended up fairly terrible but I also think apart from the awesomeness of EXTREME G2 wasn't very good. I therefore have no preference of the big two.

17. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's things I like and dislike about both continuations. Personally, I have my own version of events in my head that I came up with after the G2 comics were originally published. Oddly enough, RG1 took a few of those ideas from my head (regarding the original Headmaster heads being left behind).

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The true ending to Marvel is the one Marvel actually published. Although it's more of a continuation than an ending.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    But Marvel published both "Another Time and Place" and G2.

20. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Another Time and Place was Marvel UK