Regarding the Walmart 2 pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Neuco, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm the guy that posted this.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154428

I just want to say I am sorry. I did not mean to imply that I stole anything. I paid full price for the 2 pack ($21 and some change after tax) and only returned the single disc, but only got like $16 and some change back. The single disc was never opened.

If it makes anyone feel better, I bought the HD DVD, as well as the Target exclusive transforming version, as well as seeing the movie in both regular movie theater and IMAX.

Again, my apologies if anyone was offended.

2. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

It'll be alright.

I once ate 3/4 of a steak before sending it back for being undercooked. We all do bad things.

In before lock.

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    dont sweat it. i was thinking of doing the same thing. some people just like to complain when someone else comes up with something like that that they disagree with....

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, don't feel bad. Others have had the same idea whether they're willing to admit it or not. I bought the WMT exclusive actually planning to do the same thing... sorta, although I was planning to give the single-disc movie to my brother for Christmas since I bought the Target version.

The "Beginnings" DVD inside mine was neither shrink-wrapped nor did it have the security seal on it. I watched it, and felt so deceived by the packaging promoting it as "animated" and that Cullen is the narrator (neither of which is true), that I re-shrinkwrapped the whole thing and took it back for a full refund. Furthermore, the slipcover on the single-disc was damaged--the paint had flecked off in several places on the bottom edge and it looked crappy. So I would've returned it anyway because of that -- my brother's picky when it comes to collectibles.

As I've already said in a couple other threads, the "Beginnings" DVD falls far, far short of living up to the hype. It's an animatic of the prequel comic narrated by Bumblebee, and nothing more. The only redeeming thing about it is that it does happen to feature the voices of Peter Cullen and Frank Welker.

5. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I actually thought the Beginnings DVD wasn't half bad, hence why I kept it. I mean, sure it's not a full on animated feature, but I wasn't expecting a lot anyway. Meh.

6. DavAnthony

DavAnthony Well-Known Member

Ah don't worry about it. Walmart is acting dishonestly by branding this thing an "animated" film and "narrated" by Peter Cullen. If they are going to mess with people then people are going to mess with them and have that right to do so.

Technically you didn't do anything wrong, though I'm sure people with the corp. mindset will disagree but who really gives a crap...they have a corp. mindset...so enough said.

7. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it. This isn't the first time this has been done. Whether people like it or not, almost everyone thinks about doing/does this to Walmart. You are not the first and you won't be the last. So don't worry about it.:) 

8. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Heck I heard about a guy takin back used diapers to Wal-mart claimin someone had already crapped in 'em. Just kidding, a comedian made that joke because Wal-mart will take anything back even if its not theirs.

9. moocow

moocow God.

Hasn't everyone stole something once in their life? Don't worry about it.

10. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I remember once I stole the show...man, Bonaduce was pissed.

11. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha! That's just it, technically I didn't steal anything. :lol 

Not trying to start anything, I'm just sayin'. ;) 

12. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'll be honest, i'm contemlpating doing the same thing. it's shrink-wrapped with the upc so i don't see how it's dishonest, it's not like you aren't paying for the other dvd because you don't get the full price back.

13. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I would've just sold it on ebay or give it away as a xmas present, but I don't see how this is any worse than the other boardmember who snagged a 08 BB from another shoppers cart when he turned around. It wasn't paid for yet, and in this case the returned item could be sold for full price, and he's out a couple of bucks for a crappy non-animated dvd. Seems to me like he almost did walmart a favor!