Regarding the Transformers Victory DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl, May 8, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the post Soundwave84 made in news.

So do these DVDs support NTSC. I saw Pal, and (All Regions). I have always wanted to watch these and it says that they are also dubbed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I don't know if they're NTSC compatible, but the fact that they're dubbed is what kept me from buying them. Hopefully they're not StarTV dubs.

I recommend watching the sub-titled versions, which you can find at http://www.tvnihon.com/tracker/ along with sub-titled versions of Masterforce, Galaxy Force, Superlink, and the first 19 episodes of Headmasters (more to be released soon, I'm told.) Save your $60.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You can always import the boxed sets from the UK. Granted, you need a Region 2 DVD player and a setup that can take PAL, but they are worth it. For Masterforce and Victory, the translations consulted the same person who helped out with the TV Nihon subs. Granted the Headmasters set has a couple of "WTF" translations that even I can spot, but it's nice to own them officially released on DVD. And personally I like to support releases like this on the slim hope of one day getting the other shows and the OVAs done too.

4. Czarcher

Czarcher Ruling Lands Far And Wide

Ebay:
    I say go for it. My Victory set plays on both my crappy DVD players. The dubbing in this series is excellent BTW !

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong guys, I don't mind Subs. I watched all of Galaxy Force subbed and really enjoyed it, but my preference is subbed, and if the dubbing is even decent, I'll go for it.

Thanks for the tips on this. I have always wanted to see this series.

I might import some from Nihon (They got me all the Galaxy Forces back then), so I can see if I like them.

6. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I also am thinking of getting these on DVD