regarding the non-G1 characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    In Transformers we had Barricade and Blackout. With only knowledge of G1, I didn't know who these guys were and everyone pointed out that Barricade was basically toy only and I think Blackout was just a renamed Vortex, IIRC.

So now what is the origins of Jolt and Sideways?

As far as I can remember, Sideways was part of the comics and it was mentioned he switches sides from Decepticon to Autobot.

But where did Jolt come from? Or is he an original character for the movie only?

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Jolt = G2

I think o_O 

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the character you are referring to are all new. They don't appear to be based on anything. I think that the name jolt was first used in g2 and armada is the first time i remember hearing sideways as a name

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Jolt was a Decepticon in G2, Hot Shot's Mini-Con in Armada and another Mini-Con in Cybertron. ROTF Jolt is a new guy with the name of some older toys.

Sideways was a toy-only motorcycle in RID, then one of Unicron's pawns in Armada (also a motorcycle, retroactively declared the same character as RID Sideways) and later an agent of Soundwave's Planet X in Cybertron, who might or might not be the same character as Armada Sideways. Again, movie Sideways recycles the name bot little else.

Skids and Mudflap are also new characters that just recycle existing toy names.