regarding TF:animated...animation

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by ssjautobot, Dec 19, 2007.

1. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    simple question, is animated a hand drawn cartoon, or is it CG to look like its hand drawn like several cartoon network programs?

2. TrooperMaximus

TrooperMaximus TFW2K5 Sailor

There aren't any hand drawn cartoons anymore. They're all done for the most part on computers.

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    That being said, I don't believe it is cel shaded 3D like Energon was, if that's what you mean.

4. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

It is hand drawn but on a computer. They generally sketch roughs then take them in digitally and clean them up. You can see how they do this if you have the Star Wars Clone Wars DVDs on the extras.

Energon and Cybertron were done with 3d made models that are manipulated. Just like Beast Wars(but BW looked better to me. )

5. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Animated is a hand-drawn/traditionally animated series. The characters are drawn each frame, not a CGI built model like in BW, BM, Energon, or Cybertron.

Granted most hand animation these days is digitally colored, or even hand drawn into a computer (as opposed to pencil on paper). There's still a big difference between traditional animation and computer animation. I think that's what the original poster is talking about with regards to hand drawn vs. CGI.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated is pretty obviously drawn (even if not necessarily drawn directly on paper). I'm not aware of that many 3D CGI shows which appear to make a strong conscious effort to look like drawn/2D animation. "Storm Hawks" might be a recent example though IMO.