Regarding MP-4S Convoy...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SkywarpsNipples, May 16, 2010.

1. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    So it seems that sites such as TFSource refere to their pre-order listings as the Asian version rather than the e-hobby edition. My question is why do they have these disclaimers when TakTomy nor e-hobby have confirmed this guy as being exclusive on either sites (unless I have become extremely lax in my Japanese)? May be a dumb question, but I'd like a little clarification.

2. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The last 2 eHobby exclusives (MP Convoy black version and MP Ghost Starscream) both had the disclaimer that they would be eHobby exclusive only in Japan when they were listed at eHobby. Then MP Convoy black version was released to Asian market (general release). I guess the online vendors are assuming the same for this Convoy as well, and I suppose it's easier/cheaper for them to get Asian releases than eHobby version.

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    Having the MP4-S exclusive also allows the price to be more elastic. E-Hobby items are almost all the time exclusive to people in North America, which means pay more.

4. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    Okay, let me rephrase my question; if it were an e-hobby exclusive wouldn't there be a listing for it on the site (or acknowledgement at least) like we have seen with past/upcoming releases? The fact that there isn't leads me to believe that there will only be one version of this guy.

5. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    It is a known fact that Takara SUCKS in information and product management.
    They update their product information months AFTER public announcements (shop postings and magazines previews).

There IS only 1 version for this guy. Only difference is the packing and the contents. By publishing and copyright restrictions they can't include comics nor CDs/DVDs when it is released OUTSIDE Japan.

TakaraTomy Asia division and Hasbro Hong Kong makes the call for what to sell in Asia. Not TakaraTomy Japan, Tomy America and Hasbro America.