? regarding buying from Igear

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by seeker311, Jun 21, 2012.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I did a quick search and saw that neither BBTS or TFsource had PP01 E & U for sale; Igear has them for $69 each. So, my ?s: are they same size as MPs, those good prices and would it be ok buying straight from Igear?

edit: nevermind, checked a review and got the size question answered

2. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Buy at your own risk, I've never had problems but others have. They are about the same as starscream

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a scaled-down KO of the Masterpiece mold. Buying directly from igear is probably the cheapest way to get them, but I wouldn't say it's worth it.

Scale:
    [​IMG]

4. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

if its in stock and you buy from them it should be no problem. its not 100% though. some have reported they havent helped when qc issues arised, othrs have said they did. if they had a good nemesis repaint and not that purple ugly one id buy for sure. i love the faith leader i have and at $69 shipped its a great deal.

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    so there havent been any issues of people not getting their figures even if its in stock? Just want to make sure i dont have a "lost shipment" issue

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i would say that is not an issue from what ive read and my personal experience.

fyi: my seeker boxes dont come in 100% mint shape though.

7. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Dont buy from them, use E-bay or a vendor who will support the product. I bought the PP01U I was going to paint it up since at that time no one was selling the faith leader, anyhow it came to me broken, I never transformed it, I never did much of anything to it, I opened the box and found it broke. I e-mailed I gear assuming they would trade one for me like to swap it out, or they could send the broken part. I sent pictures and about 5 e-mails with no response at all, I had alot of pre-orders in with them at that time so I was suprised they didnt help. I took the matter to payal whom in the end saw it my way, But what upset me the most was when I disputed it with Paypal,THEN they replied with "prove to us you didnt break it" and "send us pictures proving the damage at all" Now I did send the pics and thats why paypal sided with me, but that is why I would never do buisness with them ever. They are crooks!

8. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I agree with the advice being given. Getting the product from Igear to your home wouldn't be a problem. But if you happen to end up with a defective figure that got past their QC checks, they might not be the easiest to work with in getting things resolved.

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    bought ramjet recently and was a very fast service but others on here have had horror stories ordering from them ..as said already at your own risk

10. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Experienced their terrible customer service TWICE! Products are ok though. If ordering from them directly, just expect that once the items are mailed out, whatever happens is your problem.

Heck, they even gave all sort of excuses and claimed the KUP heads were returned to them because somehow the address written was incomplete. Not sure how that could happen since the address was pulled from Paypal. Same thing happened to a fellow collector. Worse thing was they kept quiet about it until we emailed them a few times.