Minor/Repaint: Reformatted soundwave & crew

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Mega-Prime 316, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

Soundwave's last mission did not go so well. Megatron had given him a simple spy mission. Get inside a military facility and steal some infomation. So under the cover of darkness he was transported by Starscream and the other seekeres to the outskirts of the base and placed, already transformed in his walkman mode with some cassettes, in sight for the humans to see. The plan was that the humans would take him inside the base like so many other times. After all, humans have a high interest in electronics, music playing devices and shiney objects! Unfortunately, Soundwave made a mistake about the technology level today, as he had been working at Decepticon headquaters and not in the field. Morning arrived, and several young human soldiers saw this "walkman and tapes" laying beside the base and ignored him completely. (Well, they didn't ignore him, they had never seen a walkman before. They had grown up in the era of the i-pod and digital recordings.) Finally an older soldier (about 40 years old) picked him up and tossed him into a duffle bag.

When Soundwave was taken out of the duffle bag he was in some sort of pawn shop miles off base and he and the cassettes were all sold for $10!!

Soundwave waited until well after closing of the pawn shop, transformed and destroyed it and made his way back to headquaters.

He was met by Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp who made fun of him and his cassette bots, and worst of all he had to report to Megatron that he had failed his mission.

After such a failure he decided that he needed to be reformatted into a new alt mode. Something more technologicly advanced then a tape player. But he also wanted to be able to transport his minions. After scanning through several computer data banks of earth vehicles he finally settled on a multipurpose jet transport plane. Now with his new transformation he and his team are fully mobile and he can also reach the outter atmosphere and tap into the orbiting military/communication satelites and listen in or jam them anytime he wants.

As for his team he gave them the option to be reformatted into what ever they wanted. The cassette bots that transformed into animals chose more defined beast modes for their primary transformation with a humanoid bot as an alt mode. They usually stay in beast mode, preferring the more predatory bonuses of their beast mode! Megatron has nicknamed them "His Predacons, ahh yes!"
    As for Rumble and Frenzy they both picked light armored, fast moving, all-terrain dunebuggys as their alt modes. If you need some recon done from the ground, and you need it done fast, these bots are perfect for the job!!

However with the reformatting that took place, they all wanted to keep some of their original abilities. Soundwave kept his mass-phase shift ability. This allows him and his team the ability shrink or to grow with their transformations. Rumble and Frenzy kept their ability to shake things up with their earthquake piledriver arm transformations and
    as for Lazerbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat and Ravage they all got heightened sences from their beast modes.

***Well thats what came to mind after I saw TFTM Jetstorm. I hope you guys like my efforts here. I've been woking on them for a little while now. I will post a few pics of each of them here but here is a link to a gallery where you can see more pics of these guys and some other stuff I've done! Enjoy and C&C are welcomed!!
    http://www.sector70.com/forum/album....6&page=&sort=6

The order of the pics are: Soundwave, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw, Ratbat, Ravage, Rumble and Frenzy(for me, Rumble will always be the blue one ).***

Attached Files:

2. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    Nice! :) 

3. IsThatOne

IsThatOne Spark Rebirther Core

THAT IS AWESOME!
    Ratbat shares the Divebomb mold but you enhanced it so much that he caries it so well in both bodes!

4. rumble619

rumble619 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude you didn't tell me you had a little background story......nice!!!!!!!!

As for the figures,awsome job!!!!

Rumble and Frenzy are two of my favorite transformers and I think these new versions definitly do them justice.They're all so cool.

Keep up the awsome work my friend

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Nice. Very cool upgrades...I'm still not feeling Laserbeak's though, but hey if it works for you then I'm cool with it.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Soundwave :bay 
    Laserbeak: nice the TM Airazor is great for her .
    Buzzsaw/Ratbat:Nice.
    Ravage:Nicer.
    Rumble/Frenzy: AWSOME!
    Why you didn't make Overkill and SLugfest?

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Those are all great. Excellent job!

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Don't forget Squalktalk and Beastbox.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

[​IMG]

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

bloody fantastic

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I like this whole thing. it all works very well, including your backstory. I really like the mods for that Ratbat! The only thing I don't like out of everything is that those piledrivers seem to simply vanish when not in use, which is a bit of a disappointment. That's just my personal preference though.

12. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Nice. Very nice in fact. Cool backstory too.

13. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    They all look awesome!

I love the blue on soundwave and your detail painting overall.

The backstory is just :rock 

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    THAT is what I was thinking of doing before deciding on my Jumbo Jetfire. Awesome job! Very cool.

15. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i KNEW that jet would look good in Soundwave colors! good Job man!

16. saphron123

saphron123 RULER OF THE WORLD!!!

Awesome DUDE! I wish i had that!

17. f90happy

f90happy Well-Known Member

Good,good,good,very good!

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like what you did with Rumble and Frenzy. That Hardtop mode is very versatile

19. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I applaud that backstory, it makes me appreciate the work you put into these customs that much more. But onto the actual customs themselves, I love the Jetfire mode for Soundwave. As much as I have nostalgic love for his cassette mode, like seeing him re-interpreted as other things. Kudos sir :thumb 

20. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Very creative, and I appreciate all the work it must've taken to do all that!