Reflector

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Ahbao1983, May 22, 2012.

1. Ahbao1983

Ahbao1983 Active Member

Hi guys I was gonna get the perfect effect pe-11 until i chance about another thread that says TFC is releasing one in the near future.

question is should i go ahead with the pe-11 or wait for the TFC version?

anybody owns the pe-11, care to give some reviews?

2. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Theirs pros and cons for both...Off the top of my head

PE
    Pros
    - very G1'y
    - adorably tiny
    - very poseable for their size
    Cons
    - not realistically scaled to TFs or real life

TFC
    Pros
    - real life scale...could display on a shelf with real cameras convincingly
    - unique take
    Cons
    - not very G1 accurate
    - some don't like the unequal bot sizes (I kinda do)

3. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

You can find a lot of reviews of PE-11, both in the 3rd party review section of TFW, and on youtube (the peugh review, for example).
    Actually, only you can answer your question, as they'll probably both be good products but with very different aesthetics.
    Remember: the PE Reflector is extremely show accurate, and has three TINY (less than legends sized) identical figures that become a smaller than life-size camera. They have tons of accessories to help differentiate the three robots.
    On the other hand, TFC has three bigger robots that are different in size (just that isn't screen accurate), one is deluxe sized and two are scout sized. They turn into a life-sized camera that IIRC is compatible with real camera lens (I don't know why you should put them on, however).
    I have chosen PE-11, didn't receive it yet because in the same order of the delayed PE Arcee, but it's just a matter of taste.
    Maybe you should wait for TFC reflector to come out, look at the pictures of the colored, finish products, then look at the reviews of both and pick your choice.

4. Ahbao1983

Ahbao1983 Active Member

thanks... any idea when the TFC reflector will release and roughly how much will it cost?

Guess in the meantime i'll just save up to buy the maketoys giant and fansproject insecticons.

5. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

Don't forget that the PE version was uproariously expensive when it was released, and will likely get more and more so as time goes on. There's no set release date or price for the TFC version, which means holding out to compare the two might get messy.

If you can justify spending that much money on three toys that are so small you might accidentally swallow them, then just go for the PE version. If you want a version that you can see on your shelf without squinting and don't care about waiting like 2-3years, hold out for TFC. Or, just settle for the retooled Generations Perceptor-as-Reflector that Hasbro is probably going to release soon in order to fulfill that "40 new CHUG figures" boast they made last year..

6. Ahbao1983

Ahbao1983 Active Member

2-3 years..? man guess i'll just settle for the pe-11 for now...

but man it sure is small... i have no idea of its size until i did a youtube a minute ago....

7. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

They're the very definition of "eensy-weensy." I don't know for sure it'll take that long for TFC to squeeze their version out, but historically these things usually take a long-ass time, and they're definitely not anywhere near done milking the Hercules thing yet..

8. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

I think he was joking, nobady knows neither when TFC Reflector will come out, nor what the price will be. Actually the first prototype photos were shown more than one year ago, but it was put on the back burner because of Hercules. I think a pre-order will show up in the following weeks, like it happened with the WWII PCC limbs.

Take your time and if you choose to go for the PE one, be sure you're ok with its size/price ratio.

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
  10. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say the PE version is worth it even if you choose to go for the much bigger TFC version.
    Scouting force X are fantastic little figures. They have more personality than pretty much anything out there. Yes, they are small, but damn awesome. Next to Hercules that's my favorite 3rd party product.

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hrm...maybe i'll wait on the PE set. Was looking at grabbing those shortly.

12. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

The fact that TFC is a modeled after a modern day SLR is awesome. is it 1:1 scale?

But wasn't the G1 reflector the same at the time? If so the PE resemblance is just as awesome in an old school way.

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I highly recommend the PE version. The TFC version has been in the making for like 2 years, we see a new photo evey once in a while, but no final version.
    PE learned a lot from their earlier minibots and knocked SFX out of the park, their paint is very sharp. But yes, very small, same size as shadow warrior. when I got them in a tiny box I thought there had been a mistake...nope, their box (for all 3) is slight larger than an iPhone.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    There's a fun article HERE for anyone interesting in reading about the third party Reflector that never was.

The blog hasn't been updated in a while, some people are so lazy :) 

15. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Thank you. Great read.

That shapeways reflector look awesome!

16. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    That's an awesome looking set...though the "backpacks" are horrible...

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Damn I had never seen those pix of unreleased 3rd party reflector. Aside from the backpacks it would have been incredible.

Though I'm perfectly happy with my PE set. Yes they're small but Reflector never seemed like the character who needed to be huge anyway. They are spies after all...

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only things that look better about the TFC one are the size and more realistic looking camera mode. Otherwise, I'd get Perfect Effect's. It's a fun set.

19. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    i have the knock offs that are bigger and im fine with them, but the little guys are so cool, i think ill still hold out for a good find on a good deal on PE reflector

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits: