Reflector

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jonnyshaft, Nov 9, 2011.

1. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

He was a goddamn polaroid? Did Thundercracker have to shake the pic after it came out of Reflector?
    I love the '80's

Does anyone know why he was dropped from the initial release of tf's in 1984 in the US? It seemed like he fit in well with the original Decepticons and he was obviously ready for his Saturday morning close-ups. Japan got him as a normal boxed release, with cool box art.

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I seem to recall George Dunsay said something during the follow-up communication following my interview with him. Had I not gotten sick at that time, I would have eventually amassed enough material for a second part of the interview. Sigh.

It also seems the mails in question have disappeared into the ether, and I don't fully remember what he told me about the matter.

3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's because Hasbro had decided not to sell his toy at retail, so they sent a memo to Sunbow to not feature him anymore. Since the cartoon was there to push the toys, there was no reason to use a character who didn't have one.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Shaking the picture does not make it develop any faster, and can in fact damage the image.

Maybe he wasn't viewed as an important enough or cool enough character to justify his pricepoint at retail?