Reflector

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LesterX, Aug 7, 2011.

1. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Hasbro announced quite a while ago that they would redeco Perceptor into Reflector. So, where is he?? I want an armybuilder!!

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't be surprised if it comes out next year somehow.

I'm buying Perfect Effect Reflector though. I don't really want to buy another Perceptor mold because of the frustrations I have with it...and it kinda feels too bulky to be Reflector somehow, I don't know.

3. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll second that. Perceptor has a nice look, but the shoulder issues are substantial and I wouldn't want more than one of this mold as a result. If you can stomach dropping the coin for the PE set (which are tiny as hell), I think it's worth it. Plus you get your army built in one shot.

4. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    To me Reflector is 3 seperate robots that form a camera, not 1 robot who forms a car or tank or plane. So this will be a big pass on my part, no matter how good it looks. The PE one knocked it out of the park for me.

5. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Which one is the PE?

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
  7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    The PE is awesome, even if you're not convinced by the pictures. I bought him and still wasn't convinced. I took him out of the packet and played with him for half hour or so, giving him weapons and putting the three of them in cool poses - the I was convinced. they are great toys, scale be damned.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The Perceptor mold will never be Reflector. It works surprisingly well as Perceptor, but as three camera-bot clones? No chance.
    Give me the PE version any day.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    eh PE is just too small for my taste

though i will buy three of the hasbro release as reflector with the remolded head they mentioned

then i'll have 6 of that mold (for some reason i have two MOSC perceptors in my room and i don't know why lol)

10. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

I too picked up the PE Reflector a while back, and while they are small, they are so awesome that I'm extremely satisfied with them. And really, when you physically stand them up right next to the other Deluxe scale Classics/Generations TF's, they actually are pretty close to being in perfect scale with them.

11. Alucard77

News Credits:
    For all those who thing Reflector is too small, you really need to watch the cartoons again. If you are going for G1 "scale", he is the correct size. He should come no higher then Starscreams chest.

12. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Hear hear, I hope they trashed that dumb reflector/perceptor idea. Reflector is three dudes who turn into a camera. That's pretty much his entire character. You change both of those and you might as well paint him white and call him Metroplex.

PE looks like a really great set. I have the PE Rumble/Frenzy coming to me, and if I like those a lot, it'll make a SFX purchase easier to swallow I think. TFC seemed to have a Reflector in the works, but looks like they've hushed that up in favor of Hercules news for now.

13. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

14. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After seeing a few Radicons I'm guessing the Perceptor repaint actually ends up as Soundwave. The mold is too perfect for him. I know what Hasbro _said_ but, just look.

[​IMG]

15. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Yeah I am totally on board with the PE set. I was also extremely skeptical about purchasing such a small set, I mean the figures are minicon size almost. When i got the box and opened it up i was engulfed in a sea of disappointment as they were smaller than i thought they were going to be. however in the next 20 minutes it was totally and completely washed away and these are now in my top 3 TF's of all time. The set is just fantastic, anyone on the edge because of their size, dont worry about it you will not be disappointed in the end. They just have so much playability. I almost think its better that they are this small vs something bigger.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I still like the idea, and I'll get three of him to flesh out the season one Decepticons. It feels like a Classics Reflector, an upgrade to alt mode functionality just as Perceptor's was. It's the same issue as in 1984, the Decepticons are way outnumbered.

I'll probably get the little camera guys too, it sure looks like a fun set.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:

I was thinking about Soundwave. Yes he can be released with a new head mold, color job and minimum alterations.

However, having said that, I think Takara already gave us Soundwave the best way they could without compromising his character. They gave us Music Label. So I think I am done asking for him, ML is the Classics version.
    Seali,

They are slightly small, but not horribly. They would have been perfect in scout size, but trust me that they will be better then any freaking Deluxe size repaint Hasbro will do.

I really would like for a KO company to make those Voyager Size so that they could work with my MP line. I guess if they are at it, they can make them Scout size as well.

If they can do this with WFC Optimus, they should be able to do it for these guys.

18. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    This, completely too small, they're just above legends scale. Especially after seein Seali's pic with Thundercracker, it's an easy pass for me.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i loved the looks of the PE one, so i picked up the regular set, it's still in my OOH at automaton, and picked up the black version from tfcon, the set is awesome, and their size is good enough considering reflector is a smaller bot than the others

20. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Scouting Force is in perfect Scale.

Scouting force is a perfect classics update in terms of Screen accuracy.

Non-combining perceptor repaints is a load of bull.

Thank you for reading.