redo transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mainframe, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone think that the G1 transformers series be redone with same story, done by simon furman, but new anime, im not talking about animated type drawings, but something like a patlee like drawings and for adults.

I know i would like to see it happen

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pat Lee like drawings?... No.

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see the point. Do a cartoon series with the exact same storyline? Wouldn't keep the fanbase wanting the next show. They already know what's going to happen.

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Getting Simon Furman to pen a TF cartoon is an excellent idea. However, it should not keep the original series's storyline in any way, shape, or form. Homages are all well and good, rehashes are not.

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pat Lee!?!?! Eeesh.

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simon Furman has already done his own terrific take on Transformers with IDW's Infiltration, Stormbringer, Escalation, Devastation, Spotlights, Maximum Dinobots and (albeit truncated) Revelation.

As for just rebooting the concept, isn't that what every Transformers series does?

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You're not trying to appeal to the fan base. If you only appealed to the fan base, then you are setting yourself up to fail. You have to appeal to the broader audience- those who don't know what G1 is / was. There are a lot more of "them" than "us".

I think G1 would be great- but not necessarily Simon Furman, and instead of pat Lee artwork, I'd like to see Mainframe type animation with Beast Wars quality writing.

However, it won't happen: Transformers have to "evolve" and "move forward" so as to find new ways to make the show more and more lame.

8. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Pat Lee and Simon Furman? Wow, I think you may have just described my nightmare. Maybe get Michael Bay to direct some episodes, just to round things off.

I could possibly go for a G1 series that picks up where Season 2 left off, ignoring The Movie and Season 3. But really, let it go. I love G1 but it's the past.

9. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Leave the original in the past. However, if you want a "G1" fix for modern times, War Within movies direct to DVD releases FTW!

I didn't mind the Dreamwave style at all. Not a fan of Pat Lee as a person, but the art wasn't THAT bad for me.