Redesigned Problem Solvers

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Benjdude, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Ok, so I have redesigned each of these, cutting the price down by more than 30%-60% on them. This was largely done by shelling the parts meaning they cannot be printed in alumide, but any of the other plastics will work. The best news is that the overall size of the weapons was not decreased at all. Most of the pieces are 1/2 to 3/4 the height of a deluxe class figure making them perfect for medium and large sized figures. They are all designed to fit in any standard 5mm fist.

These pics are renders as I am terrible with a paintbrush, but wanted to bring out the different aspects of the models clearly. I made new renders only where the outside of the model underwent changes.

I have not received my printouts (and am not printing all of them) of these models but sizing has been doubled checked as well as each of the models passing the checks by Shapeways when they are uploaded. It should be noted that these will more than likely have a good deal of plastic powder entrapped inside them when they arrive. There are evacuation holes but it might take a bit of work to get it all out (The price we pay for cheaper items).

These are rolling out as a part of a medieval-themed bunch of weapons so cast your vote whether you want axes or swords next. Enjoy!

As usual I accept comments, questions, suggestions, and constructive criticism. And I appreciate helpful comments (Thanks Ryoku).

Attached Files:

2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

These are awesome. You should make a flail to fit the whole "Medieval" theme.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now we're talking. Tossed 4 of them into my cart.

4. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Precision Flattening Instruments Scale Image

Hey guys. Thought I would include a picture for scale. Thanks for the feedback. :) 

Attached Files:

5. Warpshard

i'm so sorry, but the scale kind of ruins it for me. The spike thing,hammers, & that mace are actually good enough in scale.

6. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Some people are impossible to please... :p 

You have me a bit confused though, if "The spike thing,hammers, & that mace are actually good enough in scale" what is left over? Warpath? And don't forget the shortest one is viewed from the small end to show off the skull on it. And that "little" one is still over 3 inches tall.

7. Warpshard

Being more specific,I like every weapon except for the last one that is the same size as Warpath.

8. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

Yeah, that flanged mace is really cool and turned out really nice, but it was the first one in this series I made and at the time I was designing for leader class figures. It is the only one that looks really out of place and I have *thought* about releasing a new model sized down a little just because it turned out so well.

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Since this thread showcases renders, we're off to Fan Art!

This looks like some nice work, btw :) 

10. Benjdude

Benjdude Member

I am not sure you could call it fan art when these represent real items that you can really get, but I get your point. As I said earlier I suck at painting so I thought I would do everyone a favor and represent my work in a different way. If you paint some up I would love to see the results! :) 

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    While your renders represent actual items, the actual items aren't posted. Since you've posted renders, renders go in Fan Art.

If members here purchase your work and wish to share, they can certainly post that in Customs. :)