Red Rings

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darkdarth33, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Darkdarth33

Darkdarth33 Well-Known Member

Okay, my power went out for a couple of seconds and came back on a couple minutes ago and I was playing 360, but when the power went out I got the 3 red-rings of death. I turned on the 360 afterwards and it worked just fine. Should I take it in? Or should I just leave it as it is, believe me, summer is half-way through, but I really can't wait 6 weeks to get a repaired 360, I just can't....

2. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    as I udnerstand it, 3/4 of a ring is not the RRoD, only a FULL red ring is RRoD, otherwise it's just an error.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, RROD is 3/4 lights, lit up red. it'll be both left lights, and the lower right one.

4. Darkdarth33

Look, I have my console upright, my hard drive facing up. That means that other than the upper right quadrant, the lights were red. But it works fine now, my question is, have any of you had the same problem? And if you had, what do you suggest I do?

5. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

I'd just stick it out man. Even if you called Microsoft they'd probably tell you to call back if the problem accurs again.

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

They can give false RRoD after power outs. Mine has before after being unplugged. Just leave it be.

MS won't take the console back for repair unless it shows the RRoD consistently. Turn around time is uaully 2 weeks or less when MS repairs them too.

The full circle of red lights is a loose or unplugged video cable.

7. Darkdarth33

Hey thanks man.

8. SlipKnotDrifter

SlipKnotDrifter I love ROTF :P

Yeah, this is normal some times. Unless your system starts acting up, or not giving out a picture and displaying a error, you should be fine.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, either way I'd recommend riding that shit till the end of the summer. Look at it this way, if you send it out, you lose the rest of your gaming summer either way. If you ride it out, it may break a week or two from now, and you'll have to send it out. At least you can get as much gaming as you possibly can. And you never know, you may not RROD for a long time.

Save Often