Red Ring of Death

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronHound, Nov 28, 2008.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's the chances of Microsoft not being able to fix the problem after the Xbox 360 get the Red Ring of Death? The reason I ask is because last night my nephew and I were playing on the 360 and it kept on saying "OPEN TRAY" for his brand new Gears of War 2 game. I did get it to work, but right when we were going to win on Annex, the screen had nothing but green and vertical lines, like the old Nintendo use to get. So my nephew this morning called up Microsoft and they told him that if they can't fix it then they'll replace it with the newest 360 Elite. Is there any chance of him getting the Elite or do you think it's an easy fix?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

When 360's get RROD they usually just take the case off the console you sent in and pop it over refurbished innards. Occasionally they'll send out a newer system but if it wasn't an elite he won't get an elite back. If the system doesn't have an HDMI port he won't get one with an HDMI port.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Did you try a good cleaning disc?

My first one did that and someone (thanks josh) referred it too me. Worked!
    It also kept saying 'Unreadable Disc'