Red Rampage = Skipjack

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tehCal, Jun 27, 2009.

1. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

After some sleuthing, it seems forums member Derik has answered my question of who "Skipjack" is.

https://www.editorsguild.com/FromtheGuild.cfm?FromTheGuildid=84

According to that article, the red Rampage is actually Skipjack, which means two things - that both sets of repaints now have names, and that Starscream's line ("Rampage, spring the trap!") is an error much like Brawl/Devy in the first film!

This explains Skipjack's name being listed as a voice credit, but not Rampage's. It also explains the name given to the yellow figure of Rampage.

2. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

This makes absolutely no sense, I would rather expect the little Insecticon dude that Sam kills is Skipjack rather than clearly identified Rampage. I mean just because he's red instead of yellow means jack squat, Hasbro just has another excuse to make Premium Rampage with movie accurate Red color scheme.

On top of that, the movie sound effects whizzes aren't the ones with the be-all-end-all final say in who a Transformer is. That's Hasbro's department.

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like the clearly identified Devastator in the first movie?

A red repaint has already been confirmed.

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Point... Counterpoint, the red one was identified as Rampage by Starscream no less, that's not a minor mistake like calling Brawl Devastator in the first movie via subtitles. Clearly at some point red was Rampage and yellow was Skipjack if indeed Skipjack is supposed to be his name. (Personally I think it's one massively stupid idea of a name as far as names goes, worse than G1 Erector.)

I got a little too nutty in my first post, all I will say is this, from now on I have a feeling we'll be seeing Rampage is Red, Skipjack is Yellow arguements. RIRSIY just lik FIRRIB. :lol 

5. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So, The red one doesn't Rampage. Rampage is the consructicon who forms Devastator. Skipjack is the red one.

Am I wrong??

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the movie, the red Rampage is Rampage. The toy line also calls the yellow Rampage as Rampage. Skipjack is the old name of the Red Rampage and the skipjack name is more descriptive of the skipping red Rampage. I use the Rampage name to identify the common design of the bulldozer and this usage is more natural for me. It is hard to talk about the Constructicons if I avoid using the names from the toy line for the common design bec. the movie does not name most of the Constructicon robots and also does not name all the constructicon vehicles. I just say Demolishor is a type of Scavenger and I use Scavenger as the generic name of the design. In the movie, robot Scrapper has no name and vehicle Scrapper also has no name so I just call both of them Scrapper when I want to talk about the guy. In the toyline, the robot Mixmaster is called Mixmaster and the vehicle that is part of Devastator is also called Mixmaster and this makes it easier to talk about the toys also. I just say that the 2 Mixmasters seen in the movie are both Mixmaster clones. Demolishor is a Scavenger clone. The red Rampage named Rampage is just a Rampage clone.

7. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skipjack was a working name. It's like how Frenzy was "Boombot" until they figured out something, or Barricade "Brawl" and Blackout "Incinerator/Vortex".

The credits also have Demolishor listed as "Wheelbot".

And the marblebots turning into the thin thing? Listed in the credits as "Reedman" - "voiced" by Frank Welker, of course.

8. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Impossible. Starscream clearly calls the red bot Rampage. He says something like "Rampage, set out your trap.", but in cybertronian with subs. So that would make the bot on Devastator Skipjack.

9. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Its Rampage Starscream says it!

10. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its rampage, end of story.

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Just another excuse for them to make a red re-deco of Rampage. If the repaint is called Skipjack, there's your answer. Rampage will still be the yellow one, but I don't want this to turn into a debate like Frenzy and Rumble.

12. Revan

Revan Well-Known Member

Actually I think there was doubles of all the Constructicons. During the end with all the Decepticons, NEST Troops and Autobot fighting, and Devastator uncovering the Harvester. You can see a red "Rampage" fighting BB. Jetfire kills one that looks exactly like Mixmaster, and Long Haul was also seen. Not to mention that Demolisher was killed off in the first half hour, by Prime. He and all the other were there to from Devastator. Demolisher the torso, Mixmaster forming the head, Long Haul was a leg, and I'm not sure but Scrapper was the other leg.

13. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

They could have the TF version of the Misadventures of Flapjack - only call it the Misadventures of Skipjack. That show can ride on the pulling power of Skids and Mudflap's Adventures.

14. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

15. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I LOVE the idea of a robot that hops around like a pogo stick & uses double whips as weapons. Now I LOVE the name Skipjack. I don't really care what color they are. Rampage & Skipjack =COOL!:thumb 

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care, really. Personaly I think the toy in its yellow color looks WAY better than the screen-accurate red one, and Rampage sounds more evil than Skipjack, too.

17. Da Fallen

Da Fallen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    skipjack is one of the kitchen bots

18. bujingwan

bujingwan Well-Known Member

I just wanna know what the name of the waffle iron Decepticon was...... please tell me it was Flapjack....

19. geezmangu

geezmangu Well-Known Member

its on the wikipedia page - now i know its not reliable but alot of stuff is right

skipjack was the name given to rampage during production

wheelbot was the name given to demolisher during production

20. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

I'm not debating that the name was changed in post-production. I am saying that Skipjack was the original production name for red Rampage.

How else are the sound effects guys gonna know that name, and how else would Skipjack get a voice credit and Rampage doesn't? Remember, red Rampage says "Sam... Wit... Wicky".

If Starscream's line in the movie isn't an error, then the credits are wrong and so is the name of the toy ("yellow" Rampage).

As far as I'm concerned, I'm happy to consider the red bulldozer as Skipjack, and the yellow bulldozer as Rampage (I prefer the toy names, as most people did with the Brawl/Devy issue). I hope the eventual toy repaint confirms this.

(Also, Skipjack's not really a bad name. It's a type of military cypher, and it does kinda refer to the pogo-stick motion with which Rampage moves.)