Red Hot Chili Peppers: Staduim Arcadium

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimlock_13, May 10, 2006.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Anyone else pick this up today? I haven't had a chance to listen to all of the album, but what I've heard is pretty cool...definitely no Blood Sugar Sex Magik, but it has a cool vibe. The Chili Peppers are one of my fav bands so it's pretty exciting to get a new album from them:) 

2. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    I have listened to all of it and I have to say I've had a mixed reaction. It has some VERY good points, Torture Me comes to mind, and there are parts of it that make me go Meh.

All in all it seems to me they could have made one Outstanding cd and instead they made a mediocre<o></o> 2 disc set.

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I've been listening to Dani California for the past two weeks almost non-stop. I'll probably pick up the CD this week.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One review on Allmusic.com was pretty harsh on it, and blamed Rick Rubin's production. On the other hand, I've seen reactions claiming this to be their best album yet. Just have to listen for yourself you know? I've yet to hear any of it, but I'll check it out soon.

5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Allmusic.com's review is ridiculous. The album is quite good, especially for a double album.

I need to listen to it a few more times to make a final evaluation, but overall I think it outdoes their last album.

6. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I do agree with you there. I'm still not finished with all of it (Still have four songs left on the second disk) but it does seem like theres a lot of 'filler' material. I've really enjoyed their funkier stuff on the disks, but even those songs seem to be missing something, especially during choruses. I still don't regret buying it, IMO Chad and Flea are by far the best rhythm section out there today just by the way they can play off each other...even if they haven't really had a chance to shine.

By the way if anyone is interested in seeing a great video of just Chad and Flea and how they work as a separate entity than the rest of the band, pick up Chad's instructional drum video 'Red Hot Rhythm Method'...while a lot of it is geared towards drummers and chad explaining what he does and why he does it, there are some absolutely fantastic parts where he and Flea are jamming out, improving, and playing a few songs off 'Blood Suger'...they also play through their cover of 'Higher Ground' from the Mother's Milk album. The video is hilarious too, I reccommend it to any musician (especially drummers, naturally) or music enthusiast:) 

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    man, after californication, whoulda thunk a bunch frat funk rockers would amount this much.

i'm pretty sure whichever patron devil they sold their soul too has dave grohl's in his stable too.

8. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Been listening to Dani California for a while now... Love the video too...:D 

My future brotheran law asked me this though: "Do they sing about anything other than California anymore???" :lol 

9. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dave Grohl is the devil.

Go and watch Tenacious D's video for Tribute and see for yourself :p 

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i have in fact seen tribute and did not notice that.

but i'd rather foster a belief of how jack black may actually be a devil-spawn.

11. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    :lol  I wondered that myself

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Not only California. I've heard Alabama, Louisiana, Indiana, North Dakota, and Montana just in that one song that's playing now.

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i've heard a bit of it and its ok... i agree with whoever said its no bssm, but that album is pretty hard to top. they should have all just stopped after that album.

14. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    I dunno, I like their newesr stuff too...but I have to try to listen to it as if it's a different band playing...I gotta hand it to the guys since they're still successfully making music...they're bound to mature. The guys are in their 40's, married and have kids, they can't exactly be singing about banging sexy mexican maids and female cops anymore:lol  That said, i do wish their songs had the edge BSSM did.

15. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I like what I've got to listen to so far, I really like the song tell me baby. Cool stuff but they do talk a lot about Cali don't they?