Nothing like the holidays to give you the time for family…and mild customization! So here’s Henkei Red Alert with a new head made from parts that I got from Shapeways, made by Cypherplex: The head render is quite good, very reminiscent of G1 Red Alert: Generations Red Alert Head Colours - YouTube The head is made of three parts, with one light piping piece for the eyes and horns. If one is so inclined, one can dye this piece a light blue and replicate the way Red Alert looks when he goes gonzo like in that one G1 episode. In fact, that’s exactly what I tried to do, but I messed up the solution and added way too much dye so the blue ended up being way too dark. Rather than order another set, I painted the horns solid red. And wow, the material Shapeways uses really sucks up dye like a sponge! I can only imagine this head with black dye, and I just might have to try that with my other Red Alert. In any case, if you want to try out these parts, be forewarned that it might be a little loose around the neck ball joint, so a few copious coats of super glue or nail polish will be necessary to tighten it up. Also, there is no screw hole to hold the head together, so once you glue the parts together and put this head on, it will be for good. My only gripe with these parts deals with the material it’s made of. The stuff is porous and grainy, not smooth at all. To get a smooth finish, more coats of paint than usual will be needed and this might obscure details, like etchings for the mouth. I actually had to etch the mouth myself once the painting was finished. It annoyed me that Sideswipe and Red Alert had the same head sculpt, so kudos to Cypherplex for making this head! To top things all off, I added a mix of Reprolabels stickers and some markings of my own. Next is Henkei Sunstreaker, now with more solar yellow: Using white parts from a junker Sideswipe, I dyed the white biceps and thighs yellow, then dyed the forearms black. These parts took longer to dye than the stuff from Shapeways, but it was well worth it. I really didn’t like the grey on Sunstreaker- I always preferred the color scheme on some early IDW drawings, so more yellow was in order. I also made some adjustments to the head because when those horns swung out during transformation, they drooped too much. Again, I added Reprolabels stickers for completion. Thanks for looking, and Happy Holidays!