Recycled Toys (for and from various other toylines)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Metroplex79, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Think you've seen that particular toy from somewhere else? You might actually have.

Quick example, GI Joe's 1991 Snow Serpent missile launcher is remolded for TF G2 Onslaught.

But here's some more from Kenner's Star Wars:
    Recycling of the Force

Anyone else with other pictures or examples?

2. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kenner was big on reusing parts from other lines they made. there are almost too many to list.

Batcopter from Super Power rereleased in TDK Collection

Batman YTB | Batcopter (The Dark Knight Collection)

Motorcycle from Robocop released as Batcycle

Batman YTB | Batcycle (The Dark Knight Collection)

Another Motorcycle from Robocop released as Joker bike

Batman YTB | Joker Cycle (The Dark Knight Collection)

Silverhawks vehicle released as Batjet

Batman YTB | Batjet (The Dark Knight Collection)

Many of the figures from this series also had accessories from Silverhawks.

Battle Cat was a repaint from the Big Jim line

JIMSMASH ! ! !: BIG JIM: MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

In the new DC Unlimited line the Dark Knight Returns Batman is made up of parts primarily from the MOTUC line.

3. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The article named most of the ones I could immediately think of but Hasbro reused the Geonosis Arena set from AOTC into a Cobra Mountain set for GI Joe. There were still damaged Battle Droids that were molded into the ground.

4. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

Kenner Recycled A LOT of stuff for their Various Toy Lines.

One of the Jurassic Park series 2 Vehicles (the Very Rare Tan Net Trapper) was Reworked for the Net Trapper Vehicle In the Congo Movie Toy Line Just like the Jungle Runner from the same Toy Line would become the "Trail Hacker" for the Congo Toy Line.

The Slashing-Jaws Velociraptor Was released during the First and Second Series of the Jurassic Park Movie Toy Line, The First Series of The Lost World's Toy Line and then was Redecorated one last time For The Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Toy Line

The Spitter Dilophosaurus Toy had 2 Releases during the Jurassic Park toylines, During the First Series of the First movie's Toy Line and During the First Series of The Lost World's Toy Line.

All Three Tyrannosaurus Rex toys created for the Lost World's First Series Toy Line were Recycled. The Two Adults would be Redecorated for Chaos Effect and the Bull T-Rex was Retooled for the 2009 Jurassic Park Toy Line while the Juvenile would later be Redecorated in one of the Jurassic Park Dinosaurs Toy Lines.

And this is just SOME of the Jurassic Park stuff that got Recycled.

5. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guys thank you for a fantastic read. I enjoy this type of information, I hope it continues!

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That article covers the use of ROTJ figures in other lines (such as Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves), but did you know that much of the MOTU line's origins stem from other toys?

Panthor/Battle Cat's mold came from an old Tarzan toy (bottom of this page)

Toys You Had Presents Big Jim

That was also used as a mold in the Big Jim toyline. The gorilla mold was also altered into a He-man character called Gygor, but he never was released.

And many of the first He-man prototypes were bulked-up Big Jim figures (see the origins of He-man, Skeletor, and Trap Jaw?):

JIMSMASH ! ! !: BIG JIM: MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE

Even Man-E-Faces, Jitsu and Fisto's gimmicks were first engineered for toys from the Big Jim line. The list of mold reuse goes on and on and on.

The Meteorbs were just repackaged Bandai Tamagoras, so I don't think that counts, though.

There was another site that had a really good article on this, but I can't seem to find it.

edit: CURSE YOU BATMAN!!!!

I also just found today that this unproduced "evil robot" figure

He-Man.org > Toys > Prototypes & Concept Art > Masters of the Universe - The Original Series > Evil Robot

may have been reused into a Voltron figure, posted for identification on these very boards:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/854045-can-somebody-identify-voltron.html#post9255540

There's some more examples here

http://thecomixverse.com/?p=16770

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/10/the_9_greatest_re-used_action_figures.php

How did we NOT TALK ABOUT JETFIRE YET?!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

You know, I am not sure this counts as a recycle because they are within the same franchise. They're just repaints. A recycle is when you re-use/re-paint a vehicle or figure and put them into another franchise, for example the Jonny Quest QuestSub and the GI JOE Cobra Mantis Sub, and Hadji's river skiff, into some other GiJoe vehicle: YOJOE.COM | N.L.C. | YoJoe.com: Dedicated to the G.I.Joe of the 80's, 90's and beyond!
    http://www.mindspring.com/~questworld-online/waveranger.jpg

I won both QuestSub and Cobra Mantis Sub, so I guess I could shoot them and post the pics here.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves movie line is I think, by far, the most egregious offender in this list.

Super Powers, Star Wars, etc. All got reused to make up the toyline.

9. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I was trying to avoid Transformers in this thread, otherwise we'd go all into stuff like Diaclone and Microchange.

I figured there should be enough non-Transformers toylines out there to look at.

I'm still floored by how the Ewok Village became Sherwood Forest.
    :lol 

Great stuff people, look forward to reading/seeing more.

Here's one to throw out there:
    Where did the 90s Aliens toyline taken from? It's obvious they weren't based off the awesome 86 movie.
    (I don't know the answer, I'm just asking)

10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

The Aliens Toy Line was going to be paired with a Cartoon that never happened much like what happened a few Years later with Jurassic Park Chaos Effect.

Also, the Net Trapper Still Counts since it was Retooled for the Congo Toy Line.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    And the "Karen Ross" figure from the Congo Toy Line was just a repaint/re-sculpt of the Ripley figure from the Aliens line Metroplex79 mentioned. And I'm pretty sure the deluxe "Monroe" figure reused parts from Muldoon's Rocket Launcher from the original Jurassic Park line.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013