Recon Ravage to be Toys 'R Us Exclusive in Canada

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Well that makes it ridiculous for me to even consider jumping through the N.E.S.T. hoops to get one... The Canadian version will be like $20 cheaper...

3. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    *Busts out laughing* :lol 

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROFL, nice one. :)  About time Hasbro threw the rest of the world a bone.

5. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and they give you more stickers so you can order another Ravage. Army build much?

6. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me count just some of the ways the USA gets the shaft from HasTak.

1. No mass release Thundercracker, Dirge, or Thrust (classics).

2. No Buster Prime.

3. Few G1 re-releases (Metroplex, Omega Supreme, Predaking, the list goes on....)

4. Dumbed down gimmicks, sloppier paint apps, etc.

5. A lack of really quality exclusives like Japan gets. They get Black Amazon ROTF Prime, we get crappy Wal-Mart repaints that go on clearance due to lack of desirability.

I could go on and on, but those of us in the USA know what I'm talking about. Congrats to the rest of the world, I guess. Ravage really isn't all that great of an exclusive anyway, so it figures that we in the USA would have him marketed to us that way. We always get the shitty exclusives.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Okay, but are you seriously suggesting that the US doesnt get it better than everywhere else in the world beside Japan? That is laughable.

Not really interested in the figure, but this is still great news. Hopefully him making his way over here will be a good sign of things to come in the future.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First up, all those above points don't just affect US customers - every other Hasbro market is the same in those regards. Meanwhile, here in the UK:

1. All the TFs that never saw the light of day over here - the last wave of Universe Legends and Deluxes. This tends to happen with damn-near every line because while the launch of a new line happens close to the US release, every wave is later than the last, meaning that the next line has started before we've finished with the current one, meaning that Hasbro UK end it early.

2. The many, MANY Alternators that didn't get a UK release.

3. We can be months - or even years - behind the US in releases. 20th Anniversary OP should have been 22nd Anniversary given we didn't get it until 2006.

4. G1 reissues - what are those? Out of the TRU reissues only Prowl, Inferno, Red Alert, Tracks, Skywarp and Soundwave made it over here, and even then we had to wait a long time.

5. Generally poor distribution - ROTF Deluxe Wave 4 didn't make it out here until November last year, and even then in very few numbers.

I could go on - and I will.

6. Only a handful of Universe 1.0 releases made it out here - the Micromaster Combiners. That was it.

7. This goes back to G1 days - Constructicons, Deluxe Insecticons, Blaster and his tapes, Shockwave, Roadbuster, Whirl, Reflector. Not a single one saw a domestic release here.

8. Prices. Ye gods, the prices.

So don't go thinking you keep getting shafted by Hasbro US, you don't realise how good you've got it.

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool, this means I can get one to keep in the package that won't require my getting another N.E.S.T. set.

10. bradforj

News Credits:
    Damn, you guys REALLY get the shaft.

I suppose you have a point that we get it better than many places, but its still a little crappy to take one country's exclusive and mass release it everywhere else. It reminds me of the whole FansProject Powered Commander fiasco. They made people jump through hoops to get it at higher prices, and then dumped it on Asia. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad for everyone to be able to get what they want. But punishing one group is not cool.

11. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So much for being an exclusive. :sly2: 

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I'd just like to be friendly and point out that we shouldn't bring out the "we have it worst here" thing, just to keep everyone's insanity in check...

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Speak for yourself, not for me. I feel like I have it better than a lot of TF fans in other countries.

A lot of your reasons are also subjective personal preferences for Hasbro vs. Takara products, repeat: subjective personal preferences, not objective factual comparisons.

14. bradforj

News Credits:
    I made 5 points, of which the first 4 are all factual (including the FACT that we get dumbed down gimmicks and sloppier paint apps...those issues are FACT). The only point I made that could be subjective was #5.

15. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Should we send our checks to Canada instead? We might get it faster than the 4 to 6 weeks it takes to get the figure.

16. deadman323

deadman323 Droidcepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool. hopefully mine should get her in 6-7 weeks now.

17. JAYSCREAM

JAYSCREAM CACHOW!

Ebay:
    big BIG PASS. i got ravage half price in tescos because out of the 12 figures there he was the only one............. really 12 ravages!!!!!
    he has no alt mode. i only got him so h/a bb had a spine to rip out.
    this is gona be an exclusive figure......... good grief.
    whats it for when longhaul (not out in u.k.) and ravage reinact shaun of the dead. "you got red on you"
    not to nit pic and seam like another disgruntled brit (wich i am) "when did tom-tak "mass" release thundercracker, dirge and thrust? the ones i got were japan store exclusives!!!!!!
    we have no botcon to throw more repainted "exclusive" figures at us.

to sum up this figure does not apeal and the u.s. does not get shafted.

:tongue: 

18. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    whats the point of having it come with the mission guide and 3 stickers with the figure that the mailaway form is for?? o_O 

19. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal N/A

News Credits:
    YES! HAHA! YES!

And to think, I was gonna go through a lot of pain and frustration to try and get a stupid US mail-in exclusive. Which I thought probably would have been hell to buy on eBay. But now, it should be easy as walking into my local TRU and picking him up. Should be...

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Man, couldn't they at least let it be exclusive for a little while?