Recon Ironhide

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by xterry, Dec 29, 2009.

1. xterry

xterry Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After X'mas, I finally get this dmn things from WM, even many people report this one before, but still little bit hard to find in many place..at least I never found these on TRU...
    [​IMG]
    Im not sure why my vehicle mode is no being that good as the old one..
    and I dont really like the wind shield.. hope can be change to the clear one..
    [​IMG]
    from his butt, Hope no gray things anymore...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    compare with the 1st edition, I like the black one totally much.
    [​IMG]
    Full Weapon Mode...
    [​IMG]
    The weapon is really good, you can combine it watever you want , and the crossing bow is funny...but....I dont know why, maybe I didnt put it good...
    [​IMG]
    but...it sitll very hard to stand well
    [​IMG]
    oh yeah, babe
    [​IMG]
    Full Weapon Mode with 1st edition
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The knife is hella good, but kind of too big for the hole of the glove
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

with some of the new setting of the back pack, and new weapon, and the price is being well, and I have the first Ironhide...this one is kind of good choice..and the face is much better

2. G1Decepticons

G1Decepticons Banned

thats a bad ass looking ironhide right there.

3. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Much, much better. At first I thought it was a truck from the Jurassic Park toyline.

4. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    WANT

5. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Meh... extra weapons does not make up for how stupid that truck mode looks IMHO.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    im gonna rubbing alcohol them "lightning bolts"

that should help

but yeah. that grey plastic sticks out a ton against the black
    ironhide needs to get his windshield tinted :p 

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Nice pictures and review. Better colors would have made this figure a must buy. It is sad to see so much potential wasted with a garbage paintjob. If we don't get a new mold in the next movie, lets hope they atleast give us movie accurate colors with this remold next time around.

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They really need to make a new Ironhide mold. They also really need to release him in his G1 colors like in the ROTF game.

I am glad the did something with the doors to cover up his arms in vehicle mode. The wave 1 release was really derpy looking without the 07 movie cannons.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I mainly bought him for his guns. I don't mind the paint job, I just hate the windshield.

10. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    I've now unwisely spent around $60 trying to attain the best movie Ironhide I can get, and this one almost makes it worth it. The re-tooling of his head area makes such a huge difference; the headsculpt is the most accurate of all, the reduction in size makes it look better proportionately, and the balljoint neck gives him a lot of expressive possibility.

I just wish that some of the new add-ons weren't so permanent. I'm not feeling all the extra gray pieces, pretty much all you can remove easily is the headlamps and bumper. I'm not liking the silver lightning either. I really do prefer the black plastic of the original Ironhide, but I like the hood/door assembly of Recon Ironhide better.

Ultimately, I'd like to swap out at least the windshield of the original Ironhide, if I can just figure out how to get the metal pins out. Anyone got a quick/easy procedure how to pull the pins out?

11. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I honestly went in with this figure expecting a lot. Like tight joints, parts that require almost adding super glue to fix and a waist that didn't peg or hold together at all. Mine is a floppy mess. The ONLY saving grace is his weapons. I mean they are AWESOME and would love to have them seperately. But, I didn't pay $20 for a small handful of guns. I'm going to be taking mine back and wait for the next inevitable remold/repaint. Maybe Hasbro would re-release the Premium version from TFTM and give him the guns from the Grey version.

The next repaint/retool we will see will be a G1 accurate version with the Recon parts.

12. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The hole that the waist joint plugs into in the torso on mine cracks open a bit whenever I peg and unpeg the waist. This happen to anyone else? Looks like a weak point, and the bad thing is, it's vital for stability.

13. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    That is the waist problem I have with mine. Wheras with the old mold there was the stability of the front bumper locking in the back of the waist that is now gone. So, mine flops around. I had such high hopes for this figure that all but fell flat. I'm going to be taking mine back. Sorry, guys.

14. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Your lightbox is funny.

Anywho, the more proportionate cannons, better headsculpt, oodles of weapons that you can beg ONTO the cannons, and stabby stabbies make this one a winner.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This guy is surprisingly awesome.

And mine doesn't really have any QC issues at all, actually.

16. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the head sculpt and all the remolded parts and extra accessories. There are significantly more remolds than I had been expecting. On the down side, mine has a screwed up waist just like my first Ironhide. It takes excessive force to get the gray piece to peg down to the lower body and the peg doesn't even kind of line up to the hole on the upper body.

17. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grammar?

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Don't want the figure because it's Ironhide (my old 07 original Ironhide does that job just fine), but the awesome super-heavy-duty redone look for the alt. mode plus the awesome extra weapons makes me want to make this guy a Decepticon.

Complete with " anti-Autobot" image on the tailgate so I can deal with the molded Autobot symbol which ends up too close to the feet Automorph apparatus for dremeling to be an option.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm actually surprised that wasn't fixed on this release. The weak plastic for the torso connection on my figure is the biggest disappointment, other than that, this is the best movie Ironhide for me. The modular weapon combinations are AWESOME.

Ironhide ought to have gotten a new mold for ROTF, but out of all the retooled molds from TF1 that made it into ROTF, this is one of the very best. Best movie Ironhide so far, I just hope that if he shows up in TF3, a better figure is made of him.

It's cool seeing how far Haskaromy has gone with the movie lines. I don't think anyone expected TF1 Leader Prime from 2007 to seem so dated by now. Only 2 years later and already a movie Leader Prime that is a huge advancement in comparison. Pretty impressive.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    is his right eye mangled, like it should be?