Recon Barricade..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thunder97, Jun 21, 2009.

1. thunder97

thunder97 Active Member

Looking at movie 1 deluxe Recon Barricade, to this day Im still annoyed by what a lazy repaint this was.. Lets take gray plastic, throw a blue stripe on it, there you go fan base.. Its insulting because the original barricade is so awesome looking in car mode, showing what a good color scheme can do for this mold.. I love police TFs thus I keep my Recon Barricade, (or mall security barricade as some said at the time lol) But man they could have done so much better with this repaint, they didnt even try it seems.. How about switching the black and white spots and making him prowl, a new head to boot.. There is just so much missed with this mold, and then if the lazy recon repaint isnt bad enough.. For the new rotf line we just get an exact repaint, with new attachment instead of frenzy.. Yet another miss for this mold that could have great repaints if they just tried.. Anyone miffed at recon or other lazy repaints that could have been so much more?

2. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    yeah i didn't like it either. Also i think that new desert tracker ratchet is crappy imo, just some sandy dirt paint on the door and the black plastic is now a cheap gray...

there are certainly a LOT of bad/poor quality repaints out there and you can't really help it. It is hasbro doing what they do (although they want to get the best use out of the mold...) -but they could do it better...

You are not the only (bad) repaint hater =p

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't mind the color scheme on Recon Barricade. He's pretty much one of the few repaints that I have that I aim to keep.

4. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

If you don't like mall security Barri, you ain't straight, homie.

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with the interrogator barricade. But I did buy it just for the robo nipples. I love the movie accurate robo nipples than the pop out frenzy

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the Barricade mold but I skipped Recon because of the deco. I may end up getting interrogator, I like the added gimick. I'll decide when I see him, though if I do the spikey arms will get some silver paint as the grey looks too plain.

7. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

why dont they do a prowl repaint?
    i hear that there is a glimpse of a cop car in rotf w/ prowl paint scene.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

No, there is not a Prowl homage in ROTF (since his scheme was reminecient to those kinds of police cars anyways).

As for Recon Barricade, yeah it was an honestly cheap repaint, but so was Movie Camshaft, all the Premiums, Stealth Bumblebee...you get the point.

I also want Desert Tracker Ratchet, although mainly because I don't own either variant from the first film, and it's not often you get TF's who come with a deco that's not show-room shiny.

9. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think this mold would be a good Prowl repaint. Sure it would look good as a police car but in bot mode it is just too menacing for an autobot IMO.

10. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Renticopcade?

Total garbage.

11. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    im a little cheesed they didnt use premium barricade for the interrogator version