Recon Barricade found with other new deluxes at Walmart.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starkenator, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

BTW Recon Barricade Sucks.

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's no product for Target to hold back.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    By the time I actually find a few deluxes on the shelf here, concept BB will no longer be shipping and I will have missed out. :( 

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Please tell me you don't actually believe this... Target and Walmart are so desperate to get Transformers products on their shelves that they are literally scouring their warehouses in the hope they will find stock to put out.

The recent reappearance of DVD 20th Prime, Classics Voyagers, the Classics Megs and Prime 2-pack, and stragglers from the Cybertron line are just about concrete proof that someone at the main warehouse(s) is saying, "Grab every box you can find that says Transformers on it and ship it out."

5. kleh

kleh Member

After finding absolutely nothing for weeks, some deluxes finally showed up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I lucked out good!!! Dropkick rocks!

6. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

Wahaha! Texan dry spell trumps my ace card!

Noo!

*cries and falls into a deep depresssion*

Oh, and...A Bigger BoneCrusher would make my reptillian life more worthwhile XD. Well, no, but still. BlackOut and that BoneCrusher need to be redone to kick more @$$.

7. Rodimus Rage

Rodimus Rage Autobot Leader

what city did you get those at?

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know, 'The Rage' posted in the G1 Jazz forum (page 6) in the news that this newest wave (or at least the g1 jazz one) has a 'do not put on shelves' until 8/26 mandate on it and thus was at his store but they wouldn't sell it to him. If that's true that counts as them holding product back doesn't it? (well, new product anyways). Maybe it is the case that these were not supposed to be released until then but most stores don't care because of what you explain.

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    So true, I am hoping that Concept BB gets to Mexico, if not l won't have any hope to get one of those, l'll keep my fingers crossed.

10. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I found two, actually [Bumblebee], today at Kohls. (Only bought 1. :thumb )

If you have a nearby Kohls, check there, because it's full of surprises in their little Toy department.

I think scalpers would rather go to a larger store with more BB's to scalp. :eek: 

More on topic, though: The Barricade repaint doesn't look too thrilling, I'll pass.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's BS!

I know for a fact that my Wal-Marts have been pulling out pallets with cases of Transformers & then taking them back, then pulling them out again the following night, then taking them back again. One of the employees even said to me "don't waste your time, it's all the same crap from last night & the night before, they didn't get a chance to work it all out yet". And also they've been refusing to put the new stuff out because of their stupid reset that took forever cuz they drag their feet. A reset that was supposed to take 1 week took 3. They are holding stuff in the back! I've seen them do it!

12. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

G1 Jazz is a Target exclusive, and thus ships all by himself. It's not the same thing as your average Deluxe Class case not being put out.

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK, for the sake of argument, let's say you're right, and retailers are holding back movie product. Any explanation for this, then? Would they prefer to sell Cybertron figures rather than movie figures?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=147423
    And it's not just WM here - my TRU has a dozen pegs crammed with Cybertron deluxes.

To suggest that a retail organization would purposefully and willfully not put stock on empty shelves is beyond any measure of logic I can comprehend. Conversations with the toy department managers at two of my local WMs indicate they are DESPERATE for TF stock, and what movie toys they do get are sold within hours.

And as for the other thing about the Target 8/26 date, I refer you to a post from one of our resident Target employees:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php?p=1536944&postcount=64

That's the date the ENDCAP featuring the toy is due to be set. If you provide the DPCI and they have it in stock, MOST Targets are willing to get the item for you - unless the employee you speak to is also confused about the difference between "endcap" date vs. "I can't sell you this until" date.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  14. oldg1fan

oldg1fan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went to my WM last night and one of the stockers I met when I was into collecting hotwheels asked me if I was looking for mattel cars I told him no I was looking for TF's and he told me they had a whole pallet in the back and did not know why they were not putting it out. I was in that walmart that morning and they had put out alot of alt's ,cybertron, dvd primes, prime vs meg's pack and classics so I wonder what is on that pallet and why wont they put it out?

15. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

If you can't find them at Wal-Mart, check Kohl's.

16. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got everything new except leader brawl. Anything other than that I can wait for.

I just want them to put out the alts and cybertron figures!

Question, were the cybertron figs ones from the begining, middle, or end of the series?

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Makes no sense to me, either, but it appears to be the case at my W*M, at least to some extent.

I spoke to someone (who I always see working the toy section) at my W*M before their reset, and asked when the TFs would be restocked. She told me they "hadn't bothered" to put new stuff out because they were waiting for the reset. This completely baffled me, because we were standing there looking at no Deluxes; no FABs; no Leaders; one Ironhide; one Robot Heroes pack; one Cyber Slammers Bumblebee; two arm blasters; and a handful of Longviews, Powerup VT6s, and Spy Shot 6s.

Now, I realize I have to take the words of retail employees with liberal amounts of salt, but she seems to have spoken the truth. The very day they did the aisle reset, they put out cases of TECH toys and Robot Replicas. (Granted, those toys didn't have shelf tags before the reset. But if I had been the toy manager, I damned sure would've placed tags and had them out as soon as they came in, regardless of reset.) The next day, they added many Robot Heroes, including the movie wave. (Those could've just come in that day, though.) Still no Deluxes, though. :( 

Not saying it's logical. Just that it appears to be happening to some degree.

18. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    G1 Jazz comes in a case of nothing but G1 Jazz. Hence the unique DPCI.

Um, all the stuff you just mentioned WAS the product on the Transformers pallet.

19. Akka

Akka Decepticon

Wow, If i had known dropkick was so rare i would have grabbed another one. So far the ONLY transformer i need left from the 2007 line is Thundercracker... I cant find him anywhere, 08 bumblebee, payload, dropkick, etc, I already got. I just need that dang thundercracker!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007