Recommended Yahoo Japan Bidding Proxy Service?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VE Telus, Nov 7, 2009.

1. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone recommend a reliable proxy bidding service for use with Yahoo Auctions Japan? I've heard of Rinkya, Celga, and Shopping Mall Japan, but don't know if they are any good. Would love to hear board members' testimonies before I go and bid on Japanese auctions.

2. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Japamart

3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'd also like to know this info

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    tons of them celga, cresant shop just beware of the fees for example rinkya was charging their standard comissions and then when they shipped your swap they charged an addational 25% above the shipping price. Make sure when you have stuff shipped to you they dont bend the flaps on things, ive had several beautiful mib items look like crap because they sat in a warehouse creased for 60 + days.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have always used rinkya, anything under 10 bucks there is no commission just standard fee. Never had issues with charging more shipping and I always use ems, I had stuff sit for a month and no issues they pack very well and recommend them but just plan on anywhere from 40 bucks plus on your total for fees depending on selling price that's the kicker

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Your charged the 25% you just might not know it.

Rinkya - Ship Your Japan Items Worldwide

Your shipping charge is the actual Japanese Postal charge at the current yen rate on our site plus a 25% handling fee.

No comission under 1000yen but you have a $15 handleing fee.

I used to use rinkya for the longest time until I looked at different services and the amount that I used to pay was insane. The staff were great and I never had any issues that I can recall. They might be fine for an item here and there but if you only shop japan like I do then you might wanna look around.

7. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Yokatta | One Stop Shopping Service |

Incredible, impeccable service and fees that make some of the other major services look like scalpers. Their service is particularly useful if it's a Japanese retailer or online store, but in the case of Yahoo! Japan, it's a service cost of 700 yen plus ten percent of the final bid, on top of actual shipping. No storage or handling fees or anything else.

The one that runs the operation goes by EX_Japan on forums such as Henshin Justice Unlimited, and she comes with the fullest recommendations of the likes of Vangelus and other Kamen Rider fans here on TFW.

8. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just contact Bodhaar. He's a TFWr too. I've bought a lot from yahoo japan thanks to him. I also bought henkei TC and SW from him. All around good guy.

He charged me actual cost + 10% + paypal fees + actual shipping cost. No extra charges no BS.

9. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    tokyobuyer is the best. fee is 10% + 5. very reliable and great communication.

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been using celga for YEARS with no problems or issues of any kind.

Will probably go to Bodhar or Hydra for most new release things, though.

11. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Agreed. Use Rinkya for their search engine, but Celga for bidding. I won a near mint Microman Condor (the basis for Laserbeak) for 30 bucks on Yahoo! Auction Japan once using Rinkya. By the time all the fees and shipping and handling charges had been paid, that figure had more than doubled. :( 

12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I can't really recommend which to use, but my experience has been...

Crescent Shop - decent fees, but my lone MachineRobo didn't get shipped until around a month later when I inquired about it.

Shopping Mall Japan - a bit steeper on the fees and lack of any packing destroyed my the box on my MIB Tako Tank. I've heard similar complains of their packing.

As I figure most people do, Rinkya is at least good for browsing / searching YahooJapan.

13. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Check the fees carefully, and also check how you can pay, some of them take Paypal, some take credit cards, some either. Some will also order things from normal Japanese online stores for you. Compare those fees as well.

Used Rinkya once or twice but realized how high their fees are and have used Shopping Mall Japan since then. Goody Japan seems good for buying from Japanese online stores. Tenso looks cool too, haven't been able to try it yet since the store I wanted to buy from wouldn't take my credit card so I used Goody Japan instead.

YJA tip: find an example of what you're looking for, then use a translation site (i.e. Cross Translation::Batch translation of various translation sites and translation services) to pick important keywords out of the item title, and copy/paste them back into the YJA search box. It helps if you can read katakana reasonably well or have a kana chart handy. Example: YJA search on "Transformers Starscream":
    Yahoo!?????? - ????????? ????????

Here's the kanji for "meeting place limitation" which is what we call a "convention/show exclusive": 会場限定

If you stick Rinkya's prefix in front of the URL for the YJA item it will translate the auction terms for you:
    http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=

And no, it's not cheap. The fees and shipping add up, even with the cheaper services. Recently I canceled a BBTS preorder for some exclusive thing thinking I could get it from YJA cheaper, in the end I only saved $10.

14. Scaleface

Scaleface TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just tried using fromjapan.co.jp. I'm waiting to see what I get.

Anyone tried that before?