recommendations for minor paint touchups?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus83, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

new to the whole customizing thing...so was looking for some advice on what type of paint is good for paint touchups...whether it be paint pens?..etc...based on all of your experiences...and what tools would be helpful to have...thanks in advance for the help.

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

If you want to get into customising, you really ought to visit our own Radicons forum, where we kitbashing types hang out.

While you're there, you could do a lot worse than check out the How-tos and Tutorials section. Plenty of tips on modelling and painting in there.
    And if you're still stumped, it's the best place to ask questions too. :D 

But for myself, I generally use acrylic paints of various brands. On the whole, paints specifically geared towards modelling (Testor's, Tamiya, Vallejo, Games Workshop etc) tend to offer the best results; a lot of the cheaper craft acrylics don't offer the same level of adhesion or coverage. That said, I've been using the same bottles of Inscribe Hobby Acrylic for years now, and been very happy with the results. I think they're a bit of a blip in the craft acrylic world, however, and they're no longer available anyway.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008