Recommend some zombie comics to me

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by BigPhill, Mar 7, 2010.

1. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I've been reading The Walking Dead and the Marvel Zombie comics, but I'm looking to pick up some more.

Can anyone recommend some comics I can read?

Cheers.

Phill

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Read deadpool merc with a mouth since thats currently about deadpool going into the zombie universe.

3. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That's one already on my pull-list. I'm a major Deadpool fan too, so get his 3 monthly titles plus the new one is on my order too.

4. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're up for a big crossover event, you could always check out some Blackest Night stuff. Even if you didn't get into the event as a whole, some of the tie-ins feature some nice zombie action. Booster Gold was great, as was Secret Six (which is worth checking out even if there aren't normally zombies running around).

Superpowered zombie action FTW.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

6. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I've been reading about Blackest Night, and there's too much history in it all.

I'm looking for something more along the lines of The Walking Dead or 28 Days Later (Both of which I currently buy). A little bit of fantasy in it isn't a worry, but the more its rooted in reality, the better.

7. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks is one I've been keeping my eye on. I'm waiting for it to drop below £10 in my nearest bookshop. I've got the other 2 books by Max Brooks and NEED to get that one too.

I picked up Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection by Don Roff & Chris Lane. The art in that was amazing, but the story lacked a little at the end.

The Mammoth Book of Zombie Comics looks to be nice and cheap in the bookshop, so I might possibly pick it up tomorrow.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    hmm... there's not too many out there at the moment... but Blackest Night is great... there's a few smaller companies that do some weird zombie stories... very gory and lots of naked characters... Avatar Press - Return of the living dead i think... stories aren't all that good... and i've got a set of comics from IDW called Remains, but i don't think its that good either, but i'm about to sell it if you're interested...

IDW Zombies was a decent series, as was Zombies! Feast! and IDW had just started a zombie series with DON on art, but only one issue has come out so far...

there's also a 4 issue miniseries call Last Blood that was good, and marvel did a Zombie series recently too, but it was also just okay...

OH you have to look for Zombies VS Robots and Zombies VS Robots VS Amazons... Ashley woods art on those books is so awesome... there's also a new book out now called Zombies vs. Robots: Aventure... and yeah, its AVENTURE, not ADVENTURE... not sure why... but i haven't picked those issues up yet either... issue 2 comes out this week... they're shorter stories written by other people...

this site has more listed too...
    All Things Zombie - Comic Books

hope that helps...

9. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Look for "Mammoth book of Zombie Comics" It's $15 and lives up to its name with an absolute truckload of zombie comics from different authors from various different times in comic history. The thing is thicker than War & Peace no less. It's a whole lot of zombies.

I also recommend Marvel Zombies 3. Unlike the other comics in the series you don't really need to know any continuity. Just robots with chainsaw arms fighting a metric fuckton of zombies.

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    living with Zombies

this is an indie comic written by a local guy. My comic book guy, Matt, shows up in the 4th issue, and remains for most of the series so far. His actual shop show up at the end of issue 3. The entire comic is set in my hometown, A lot of the buildings are real buildings.

Very funny and very weird. It was written and drawn with a partner but he moved around issue 7 or so. Still give it a shot. it is online and free now.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  11. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Living with Zombies is a classic, I'm sorry that it didn't finish (so to speak), same feeling for Flight of the Living Dead. Loved reading both weekly and was sorry that they just "stopped".

Only online Zombie comig I read nowadays is Zombue Hunters.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you're willing to branch out into manga (and don't mind an artist who fills the non-zombie pages with entirely too much fanservice), you could try checking out High School of the Dead.

Pity it was canceled mid story, though, especially as
    it was about to launch into a full blown Dawn of the Dead homage

13. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I may be in the minority on this, but I enjoyed Kyle Hotz's MAX Zombie comics--titled simply "Zombie" and "Simon Garth: The Zombie." Also, he's not really a zombie but he is undead, give the MAX versions of "Terror, Inc." a try.

Also, Dark Horse's "Zomnibus" had some good gems in it.

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think he is still working on them.. it is just a slow process..

Yeah and as i said, Matt is the guy I do buy my comics from. Chris's dog really is Poop Dog.